Moment Of Truth

"What? Heh. Didn't expect to see me again?" Catra chuckles as she enters Hordak's lab.

"Oh, you have a whip now?" Entrapta asks, clearly intrigued.

Catra scolds her,
"Focus. I got what you needed. This sword is the key to the whole planet."

"I suppose it makes sense. She-Ra's sword is First Ones tech, maybe the most powerful I've ever seen. All this time, this was the key that we needed. I guess I should figure out how it works." the purple haired princess states.

"I brought you everything you need to open a portal and finish the Princesses off for good. What are we waiting for?" Catra snaps her fingers.

"Hmmm." Hordak hums.

"With the sword connected to the portal machine, we should finally be able to bypass the planetary interference. I just have no idea how it works. Heh." the geek princess says.

I ignore they're conversation and try to figure out what to do.

But I was interrupted by none other than Blondie.

Adora starts shouting through the gag.

I groan annoyed at her attempt to yell.

"Must they be here?" Hordak groans, annoyed by our presence.

"Good question. I'm not sure if we just need the sword or of we need She-Ra, too. Adora, Y/N, you wouldn't happen to know, would you?" Entrapta removes the gag from our mouths.

"Obviously we don't know. And why do I have to be here?" I say.

"That's okay." she replaces gag.

"I like figuring stuff out, that's why you're here."

Adora spits out the gag and begs,
"Please, Entrapta, you don't wanna do this."

"Silence! Entrapta, begin." the clone instructs.

"Get it to work."

The Sword of Protection hums then flies to the portal machine and it starts buzzing.

"Woah. Wow. You're right. Just look away. Ohh, I can't. What's taking Hordak so long?" Entrapta starts to mumble to herself.

"Entrapta... we never meant to leave you behind. We thought you were dead." Adora admits in a saddened tone in her voice.

"But Catra said you abandoned me." the purple haired princess innocently replies.

"Catra would say anything that helps her get what she wants. Believe me, I know what it feels like to be manipulated for a long period of time." I explain.

"Catra is my friend. I think. Yes, the data says she is."

"Look, I understand. Catra was my friend, too. But she makes bad decisions. This is one of them. The Horde's armies will come through, and then it's all over for Etheria. You can't open a portal." Adora tries to convince her.

"Oh, but I can. Did you miss the whole sword makes the portal machine work thing? I really don't have time to explain it." the geek princess ignores us.

"It's too dangerous!" I raise my voice.

"All exploration has an element of danger. But think of what we could find. Whole worlds, galaxies, things we can't even imagine." Entrapta says.

"Entrapta, please listen. It isn't going to work. The last She-Ra made it so we could never open another portal. Trying could destroy everything." the blonde explains.

"I have noticed some anomalies in my portal trials. They could potentially pose a problem. Maybe I should run more tests. You won't try to escape if I just pop out for a quick sec, will you?"

"Uh... No?" I spoke.

"Okay, great, really appreciate it. Come on, Emily."

My nap gets interrupted when we hear familiar voices.

"Bow!" Adora shouts.

"Forget about them. Pull the switch!" Catra screams.

Magic crackles, arrows fire, Hordak shouts and then the building partially collapses.

The only thing going on right now is chaos.

Life or death.

And right now, death is winning.

The magicat gets closer to the switch.

Her hand hovering over it.

Barely touching it.

"Catra, please, don't." I plead.

Catra looks back at me.

She smirks and then she pulls the switch.

"No!" Adora screams.

The portal machine hums and buzzes.

All of us are either on the floor or standing.

Looking at the portal lighting up.

I have the most terrified look on my face.

"What the fuck?" I ask, in a terrified tone with my voice cracking.

We can't do anything other than just stay there and not move.

We didn't move from the sudden shock and adrenaline.

Staring at the portal all of us have the same look on our face.

Well, all of us

Except for...

Catra.

She has the biggest smile on her face.

She even seemed proud.

She seemed happy.

Relieved.

But also, scared.

Scared that it may not go as planned.

Scared that it will destroy all of her hard work.

But she wasn't scared for  her well being, no.

She didn't care.

Before the portal completely opens I manage to say something to Adora.

I get cut off, but it was better than nothing,
"Adora, I'm sorry. For everything."

And then suddenly,

Everything turned white.

Then...

Black.

Everything.

Gone.

My work.

My life.

My friends

My love.

Everything I have ever worked for is gone.

What am I supposed to do now?

*Just makes sure that whatever happens, you will come back no matter what. Make sure everyone comes back no matter what.*

Althea's words keep repeating themselves in my head.

Over and over again.

I've failed.

Word Count

908 words in total.

(So sorry for the short chapter! This is Y/N's point of view, that's why it's so short.)