Destiny Part 2

Adora turns to the king,
"Stay here, King Micah. The Sorcerers Guild is on their way to help protect Bright Moon. I promise, Your Majesty, we'll bring Glimmer home to you."

I start telling the squad what to do,
"Swift Wind, take Bow and Entrapta to the Fright Zone. Find Glimmer, we can still stop this."

"What are you two going to do?" Bow asks me and Adora.

"We're going to the Crystal Castle. We have to keep Light Hope from activating the Heart of Etheria. For the honor of Grayskull." Adora states right before she transforms.

As both me and Adora are running to the castle I ask her,
"Are you sure I won't... You know. Die?" I hesitate.

"Y/N, I...- I don't know. I wish I did. I don't want to make a promise I won't keep. I'm sorry." She-Ra replies.

I lower my head, clearly in a saddened mood. We enter the castle and hurry to the hologram

"Planet balanced. Full functionality restored." Light Hope speaks.

"Fuck." I whisper to myself.

"Oh, no." Adora adds onto it.

I start trying to convince the blue hologram,
"Light Hope, please, don't do this."

Light Hope menacingly turns to us,
"Good, you are here. Now we can begin. After a thousand years, my programming will be fulfilled. The Heart of Etheria will be unleashed against the First Ones' enemies."

Adora panics,
"No, there are no First Ones anymore. Whatever war they were fighting, it's long over."

"The First Ones will rise again. You are descendants of their mighty empire. That is why I used all my strength to reach across the entire universe to find you and bring you here."

"You told us Hordak was the one who brought us through the portals. You told me he stole me. But it was you all along. All of this is because of you." Adora states, clearly realizing everything.

"Why are you such an asshole? Honestly, we did everything in our power to help you. But this is how you repay us? I hope you never turn on again after this." I spit coldly.

"This is your intended function. You two will bring the First Ones to glory. It is what you were born to do."

"No, we won't." Adora says.

Light Hope continues,
"The Heart of Etheria has been activated. You will be the one to fire it and Y/N will release the magic. There is no stopping it now."

Adora's sword starts floating, clearly hurting her.

The blonde speaks,
"It won't work. Mara hid us in Despondos so you couldn't hurt anyone else."

"Mara..." Light Hope sounds like ehr old self again for a moment before turning into a weird zombie robot.

"Mara's interference caused a significant delay. But no longer. With the planet balanced, portal capability is restored. Initiate planetary move, out of the Dimension of Despondos."

Only a few moments pass and the hologram speaks again,
"The Heart is primed and ready. Commencing activation."

"Oh shit." I accidentally think out loud.

Adora tried to ignore the pain and starts talking again,
"Look at all these stars, these worlds. They will all be destroyed. Mara sacrificed her life to stop this from happening."

"Mara. Mara would not want me to-- Mara was a traitor. She turned against her people."

Noticing her glitching, I try to make her remember,
"Mara was your friend. She knew you were more than just a program, and so do we. You can stop this."

"I am not as strong as Mara. I cannot change my programming. This is our destiny."

"No. This is not our destiny." I speak angrily.

"You will comply." Light Hope states, not even a moment later, I collapse to my knees, noticing a pattern slowly creeping up on my skin and a glowing aura coming out of my body.

"No, no, no." Adora worries.

"It is time."

The blonde, having enough of this, confidently states,
"I won't be controlled. I am not a piece of their machine. I am not a weapon. And I'm going to end this now."

"No. Stop. Don't. Do it. Do it. Don't. Don't..."

Light Hope stops for a moment before finally saying,
"Do it."

Adora's sword shatters and Light Hope appears next to us.

Light Hope reaches out to the blonde, "Adora? Thank you." is all the hologram says before fading away.

"Y/N! Oh my god are you okay?" Adora rushes over to me.

"Do I look okay? I can't feel my face." I reply.

"Come here." Adora says. I stand up and she helps me out of the castle.

Somehow I regain my strength and we both catch up to Bow. The archer hugs us,
"Adora. Y/N. They took her. They took Glimmer." he says.

Adora also informs him,
"She-Ra's gone. The Sword is broken."

"So what are we gonna do?" he asks.

"We're going to get Glimmer back...and we're going to save the universe." I answer for the blonde, already knowing she's going through a lot.

"What do I do..?" I ask myself as I'm sitting down on the grass outside near the woods.

"Hey." a voice behind me says. This makes me jump.

"Sorry. It's just me. Adora."

"No, you're fine. Before you ask, no I'm not okay." I tell her.

"Well, what are you thinking about?"

"Catra." I reply hesitantly.

"Oh."

"I'm sorry. It's just... I got close to her again and it hurts knowing she's gone again." I explain my feelings and situation.

"What about us?" Adora asks.

"Well, what about us?" I ask as well.

"What are we? You're confusing sometimes Y/N. One day we're enemies, the next we're a couple? Make up your mind." the blonde speaks firmly.

"Blondie. Listen to me. I don't like putting labels on things. But if it makes you feel any better, I see us as girlfriends." I try to calm her down.

"Wait. Really? Are you sure?" she asks.

"Yeah, I do. I'm also sure friends don't kiss each other and fuck." I add.

"Wait we've never fucked! You promised me so many times and yet you didn't fulfill it."

"Sorry, it's just with everything going on I barely even had time for myself."

"No, I understand."

"I really hope you do. I don't wanna love someone who doesn't understand me." I chuckle.

"Thank you, Y/N. You're a special person you know. You're the only one with fire powers."

"Oh, heh. Thanks."

Word Count

1084 words in total.