𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎 - 𝚓𝚞𝚗𝚔𝚢𝚊𝚛𝚍

Bree had alerted Eleanor about their plan, Prescott had died down a bit, it was time. Bree approached the cage and unlocked it, letting out Javi and Clem. The three of them went to the back gate.

"Can you two go unleash those horses over there? i'll open the gate" Bree ordered.

Javi and Clem responded with a nod. They went over to the three horses and unleashed them. Bree slowly opened the back gate, trying not to be too loud. Javi and Clem got on their horses and Bree followed shortly after. She briefly got off of her horse to close the gate behind them and then they began their journey to the junkyard.

- AN HOUR LATER -

They weren't too far from the junkyard now, just about 30 more minutes of horse-riding left for the three of them. Javi and Bree's horses were walking next to each other, Clem's was following shortly behind them. Javi glanced over at Bree shyly.

"thanks again for this, i really appreciate you taking the time to do this.." He smiled.

Bree glanced back at him, smiling.

"Hey, it's no problem. i ammm putting myself on the line because of Tripp but it's worth it" Bree smiled, winking playfully.

Javi laughed, looking forward.

"So.. if you don't mind me asking, what.. were you and Tripp? i've heard that you and him used to be a thing?" Javi asked.
"Well... we dated for a little bit.. but i broke it off, it didn't feel right to me" Bree shook her head.
"He seems to have some anger issues, you deserve better than that meathead" He laughed.

Bree shot him a glance, causing Javi to blush.

"you know what i mean, wouldn't mind if it was me but we just met so.." He giggled.
"well.. i'm sure i'm not the only woman you've said that to, i'm sure you flirt with many woman out there.. the ones left anyways" She teased.
"well you shouldn't be so sure, because.. that's really not true" He shrugged.

Bree looked forward again, squinting.

"wait.. Hold on actually .. what about you? you got a woman waiting for you to get back?" She asked curiously.
"No, i don't.." He shook his head in response.
"Oh... surprising" She winked at him.
"Really? you think i'm a fvckboy or something?" He squinted a bit at her and laughed.
"Of course not, i meant it's shocking that you don't have a girlfriend silly..." She scoffed.

Bree looked at him for a brief moment like he was dumb. He smiled and blushed.

"Anyways uh.... what'd you do before the apocalypse?" He asked her.
"i was a preschool teacher" She sighed.

Bree doesn't like talking about the past, at all. It makes her miss how it used to be.

"did you like it?" He glanced at her.
"of course! i loved it, actually" She smiled.

She looked down briefly and frowned.

"i miss those stupid paint splattering, glue eating kids.." She sighed

Javi frowned and bit the inside of his cheek.

"i'm sorry..." He sighed.
"It's okay" She giggled a little.

Clem barged into the conversation.

"Must've not been a good teacher if you let the kids eat glue" She muttered with a smirk.

Bree glanced back at her and laughed.

"They were very sneaky kids, wasn't my fault." She shook her head.

Clem laughed. Bree glanced at Javi's torso, seeing that he was wearing a baseball jersey with a weird looking grey 'R' on it.

"a big fan of baseball i see" She squinted.
"Yeah, i actually played it for years myself... i was pretty famous in it... until i messed it up" Javi sighed.
"What'd you do?" She raised an eyebrow.
"Gambling. Apparently you're not allowed to do that when you play baseball" He laughed.
"that's stupid." She scoffed.
"it was.. but the past is the past" He shrugged.

Bree hummed and looked around. She spotted the junkyard.

"Guys that's the place" Clem announced.

Once they got in front of the junkyard, they jumped off of the horses. Bree and Clem had their guns out, just in case. Javi looked around. Clem looked at the ground.

"Wait, what is that?" Clem squinted.

Javi looked at the ground to see Gabe's weapon and Mari's tape player on the ground. He grabbed both weapons and started to panic shortly after.

"Mariana?! Mariana, are you here?!" He yelled out.

Suddenly, a car door slammed in the distance and Mari hopped out.

"Javi!!" She yelled happily and ran up to him.

Mari hugged Javi tightly.

"You're safe! i can't believe it!" He smiled brightly, he looked happy.
"You told me where to hide, i just listened to what you said" She shrugged.
"Where's your brother?" Javi kneeled down to her.
"He told me he was gonna try and make it back to the van, that's when we got split up" Mariana sighed.
"Well that's where we're headed" He nodded.

Mariana shot Clementine and Bree a glance and a smile.

"Let's go find your brother sweetie" Bree hummed softly, smiling down at Mari.

The four of them walked towards what was Javi's van, but it was smoking and destroyed. They suddenly heard a vehicle start up.

"Gabe.." Javi whispered to himself.

They all ran towards the noise to see Gabe inside of the vehicle, walkers surrounding his door.

"he's trapped in there!" Mari gasped.

Javi swung his arm in front of Mariana.

"Mariana, stay back!" Javi ordered.

Bree put her gun back in its holster and got her knife out to use instead. A walker approached her and she stabbed it in the side of it's head. They took the walkers out one at a time. A walker suddenly grabbed Bree's arm as she was trying to take another one out.

"Javi!!" She yelped out.

Javi stabbed the walker with Gabe's weapon he found. Bree nodded at him and continued helping take them all out. Eventually, all the walkers were killed and Gabe stumbled out of the truck, Javi caught him.

"You okay buddy?" He asked him with a frown.
"i'm fine but... where were you?!" Gabe huffed angrily.
"i'm sorry i didn't make it back sooner... i was kidnapped" Javi sighed.

Gabe sighed and nodded, looking over at Bree and Clementine confused.

"Oh! You guys need an introduction... this is Bree and Clementine, they're the very nice people who helped me make it back here.. and this is Gabe and Mariana" Javi introduced everyone to each other.
"Nice to meet y'all" Bree smiled to the two kids.
"Yeah, same here" Clem agreed.

Gabe was staring at Clem, blushing. Clem just squinted at him. Gabe snapped out of it and looked away. Javi couldn't help but laugh.

"We should probably get back.." Bree giggled.

Everyone nodded and began walking back to the horses. Bree walked beside Javi. She glanced at him.

"you look happy" She hummed.
"i am" He smiled.
"missions like this usually don't end so well.. i'm happy for you" She gave a soft smile back.

Javi smiled more and looked down at the ground. The group glanced at Mariana, who was running towards something.

"Woah!" Mari screeched excitedly.

Mariana walked over to see her headphones. She picked them up off of the ground. She turned to the group. Javi pulled Marianas tape player out of his pocket and held it out for her.

"Thanks!" She smiled happily.

She walked over and grabbed it out of his hands when suddenly.. a gun shot went off in the distance, almost hitting Mariana. Everyone ducked for cover. Javi was next to Mari, Gabe was with Bree, Clementine was by herself. They all pulled their guns out.

"Did you really think you could just walk back in her like nothing happened?! i don't think so." Badger yelled.

He had some other men with him. Bree glanced over the barricade at them, it was The New Frontier, of course. The group began shooting at them, and the bad guys shot back.