𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 - 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚗𝚘𝚠?

One hour.

It's been an hour since the group successfully hightailed it out of Richmond..

Gabe and Mariana had managed to fall asleep while Cody and Clementine were playing a solo game of euchre. Cody looked at David, who was up in the drivers seat, while Clementine was doing her turn.

"Where are we even going?" Cody asked David.
"Your guess is as good as mine, Bud." David chuckled as he stared forward at the road in front of him.

Bree was laying down with her head in Javi's lap, and her hand was intertwined with his.

"Y'all think the New Frontier is following us?" Bree asked curiously.
"I really doubt it, I mean... they did let us go." Victoria shrugged.
"CLINT let us go, not all of them." David corrected her.
"Well still." Victoria scoffed.

Bree glanced over at Tripp and Eleanor across from her and smiled. Eleanor was examining a cut that Tripp had somehow gotten on his hand. Tripp insisted that she didn't have to look at it but she wanted to check it since it "looked deep". It's a doctor thing, I guess.

"Uh, Dr. Ladyyy... it's really not that bad.. you can stop examining it. It don't even hurt." Tripp chuckled.
"Oh yeah?" Eleanor hummed.

Eleanor rubbed over the cut with her thumb, making Tripp wince.

"Why'd you wince like that... It don't hurt, right?" Eleanor teased him.
"Oh shush." Tripp laughed.

Eleanor kissed him on the cheek, making Bree giggle.

"Y'all are absolutely adorable." Bree jokingly sighed in awe.
"I'm gonna have to agree with her on that." Javi smiled.

Eleanor smirked and looked over at Bree and Javi with a squint.

"well.... I'd say me and Tripp have some competition, I mean, look at you two." Eleanor giggled.
"Girl-.... Don't you start fangirling again." Bree chuckled.

Eleanor laughed at Bree's comment. Tripp looked at Javi and smirked.

"I didn't think you'd actually ask her out." Tripp shrugged.
"What can i say?? I'm full of surprises." Javi smirked.
"It was very cringey." Cody budded in, scoffing.
"Hush. It was sweet." Bree laughed.
"Uh... No." Cody giggled.

Meanwhile, in the front seat, David and Victoria were having their own conversation.

"I can't believe Ava is gone.." David sighed quietly, slightly hanging his head low.
"Me too..." Victoria frowned.
"i just.... wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for her. It feels so weird that she's not here. I just wish i could've saved you both." David shrugged.

Victoria put her hand on David's knee in comfort. David looked down at her hand in surprise.

"You gonna be okay?" Victoria asked him, the right corner of her mouth smiling a bit.

David softly smiled and looked over at her.

"Yeah... i will." David smiled.
"I'm glad. I need you to be okay." Victoria smiled back.

David couldn't stop looking at her, this man's in love, he realized that himself. He couldn't stop looking at her to the point that he swerved off the road and was driving in a ditch. Gabe and Mariana woke up quickly at the turbulence of the very bumpy ground they were now riding on. Bree rolled off of Javi and landed in the floor, almost landing on top of Mariana. Tripp fell out of his seat and landed on the floor of the truck, almost landing on Bree. David quickly directed himself back on the road.

"What was that, Dad?!?!" Gabe yelled, grumpy from being woken up so abruptly.
"Sorry guys...." David nervously chuckled.

Victoria giggled and looked out the window. David smiled over at her a little. Bree and Tripp got up from the ground and got back in their original positions. Bree leaned her head on Javi's shoulder.