𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 - 𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚌𝚔 𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚎𝚛𝚜

Javi, Bree, Cody, Clementine, Mariana, and Gabe has made it to the place where the armored truck is. It's like a garage unit with some construction vehicles parked in front of it.

"Gabe, You come with me to get the truck. Clem, can you go in with us and keep watch while we get the truck?" Javi squinted.
"Sure thing." Clem nodded.
"Okay.. Bree, Cody, and Mariana; do y'all mind keep watch out here?" Javi asked.
"Not at all." Bree shook her head.

Javi nodded, and proceeded to go through the gate with Gabe and Clem. The main reason he wanted Gabe to help him is so he could have a little chat with him about his attitude. Gabe followed him around as they looked for the truck while Clementine stood around, observing her surroundings.

"Hey Gabe?" Javi squinted.
"Yeah?" Gabe lowly hummed.
"We need to talk about your attitude. It's getting out of line." Javi mumbled as he observed one of the construction vehicles.
"Javi-" Gabe went to argue, but was quickly stopped.
"No! I'm serious, Gabe. You know I'm just trying to look out for you, right? I don't want you getting yourself killed." Javi sighed.
"I know, but I'm just so sick of you treating me like a kid! I'm 14, Javi.. not 4." Gabe scoffed.
"I get that, Gabe.. But if i tell you what to do and what to not do, you need to listen to me because I'm looking out for your best interest. Just be a team player.." Javi explained.
"i get it, okay?.. just stop treating me like a kid all the time." Gabe sighed.

Javi didn't say anything in response. Javi looked under one the the garage doors and seen the truck.

"There it is." Javi smirked.

Javi lifted up the garage door and approached the truck. Clementine and Gabe entered with him. Javi grabbed the trucks door handle and looked back at Clem.

"What are the chances?" Javi squinted.
"I'd say about... 50/50." Clementine answered sassily.

Javi pulled on the handle and the door opened. As Javi stepped up into the truck, he snickered at Clementine. Javi looked forward and, to his surprise, the light in the room ahead came on and there were two guards inside. Javi quickly stepped down and crouched down with Gabe and Clementine. Bree, Mari, and Cody snuck up to the truck without gaining attention.

"Early risers! C'mon.. we need to hurry before more people wake up!" Bree whispered.
"What are we gonna do?" Mari asked quietly.

Javi stood up a little to see what the guards were doing.

"We can't turn the engine, not without attracting a lot of attention." Javi sighed.

Javi turned around to face the group.

"Bree, you steer. The rest of us will get behind the truck and push. See if we can't get some distance between us and them." Javi shrugged.

Bree nodded and got up into the drivers seat. Everyone else got behind the truck and started pushing. They pushed until the truck was out of the garage unit and was stopped a bit aways from it. Bree looked for an ignition key but couldn't find one. Once the truck was stopped, Bree hopped out of it.

"i doubt those guys can bear the engine all the way over here, well, unless they have super heating or something. I put it in neutral, couldn't find an ignition key in there. Guess you'll have to hotwire it, hotshot." Bree smirked.

Javi rolled his eyes and smiled. He looked inside the truck for the compartment that contains the wires. Bree patted his back playfully.

"Try not to shock yourself." Bree winked.

Javi chuckled at what she said. He found the wire compartment and tried to open it by hand, but failed miserably.

"Darn. I'm gonna a hammer or something... and a tool to strip the wires" Javi sighed to himself.

Javi went to look around for a tool box of some kind. Cody noticed that he was looking for something. Ironically enough, he was standing right next to the toolbox.

"What are you looking for, Javi?" Cody squinted.
"A toolbox, or something else that would have tools in it." Javi answered him.

Cody looked down to his side and seen the toolbox. He coughed to get Javi's full attention. Javi looked over at him and Cody pointed at the toolbox.

"Ah! Thanks, Cody." Javi chuckled.
"Yep." Cody smiled.

Javi walked over and looked in the toolbox, seeing a hammer and some wire cutters, as well as a screw driver that he didn't need. As he went to reach for the tools, a walker suddenly grabbed his arm from behind the boarded wall. Before Javi could react, Cody had grabbed the hammer from out of the toolbox and smashed the walkers head in. Javi sighed in relief as Cody handed him the hammer.

"Thanks a lot, little man." Javi smiled as he put his fist out to give Cody a fist bump.
"You're welcome." Cody smiled and gave Javi a fist bump.

Javi then grabbed the wire cutters and walked back over to the truck.

"Almost there. Keep an eye out while I get it started, okay?" Javi hummed.
"I'll go check on the guys in the office." Bree whispered.

Bree walked towards the office while Cody walked over to Gabe, Clem, and Mari.

"Me, Mari, Cody, and Clem will watch out for walkers." Gabe said.
"Okay, here goes nothing." Javi sighed.

Javi used the hammer to crack open the wire compartment. Once it was open, he grabbed the wire cutters. He cut all the wires and stripped them so he could start the truck.

"Gotta connect the battery to the ignition." Javi whispered to himself.

Javi twisted the ignition and battery wires together.

"Let there be light." Javi raised an eyebrow as he looked at the headlights.

And there was indeed light, the very bright headlights came on a few seconds later. The headlights were so bright that it got every nearby walkers attention, making the trapped walkers break through the boards.

"Oh no." Javi huffed.
"Javi, hurry up!" Clementine urged him on.

Javi then connected the remaining wires to turn on the truck. After a few seconds of failed attempts, it turned on. Javi got in the drivers seat and urged everyone to get in. Bree got in the front seat with Javi while Gabe, Mari, Clementine, and Cody got in the back. Javi quickly drove away.

"We left the gates open." One of the guards from the office was heard in the distance.

the truck has been acquired,
now the plan can be completed.