Chapter seven

Robert P.O.V

I woke up in bed with Ruby still sleeping. I didn't want to disturb her because it was still too early. I was totally wrong because the alarm just went off and Ruby groaned. She rolled over to face me and smiled. "Looks who is up even before me," as she cheered. "I just woke up not really long ago, while I slowly got out of bed. I made my way to the kitchen and sat on a chair. Ruby then came out having her work clothes on and started making breakfast.

She put my plate in front of me and a plate in front of herself and sat down. "So, do you want to hear what chores you have today?", as she took a bite from her food. "Yes, I would like to hear them," as I took a sip from my cup. "Okay, you have dishes and vacuuming today, as you did all of the dusting yesterday," while she continued to eat. "Alright then, I can do that," as I just got done with my food. "Good, I thought you could do it," while she took the dishes and put them in the sink. "Alright, I will get dressed and have a nice day at work," as I walked away. "Thank you and bye," as she waved and I waved back.

I walked back in the kitchen being dressed for the day and having the vacuum cleaner. I then vacuumed the entire apartment with no problem at all, but I did have worries while vacuuming. I put the vacuum cleaner away and sat on the couch with Jack in my arms. Honestly, I have gotten more attached to Jack every day, even when I am big. I looked at the time and said to myself that I needed to eat lunch.

I got my food in the microwave to warm it up, got my utensils and a cup of water. The microwave beeped signaling that my food was done. I got the food out and ate my food. I put all of my dishes in the sink and began to wash the dishes. Once I finished washing and putting away the dishes, I heard the doorbell rang. I thought to myself, I don't think we had any visitors today and Ruby told me that the packages would come in three days and it is day two of delivery.

When I got to the door and put my eye to the eye hole, I saw something absolutely shocking. Ruby was being held by a woman from her work and is bailing her eyes out. I immediately open the door to the woman sighed with relief. "Thank you so much and are you Robert?", as I saw Ruby wanted to be in my arms. "Yes I am, and here shh it's okay it's okay no need to cry I'm here baby," as I cooed and she slowly calmed down. "May I come in? There are packages out here and I am Ruby's friend," as she gave me a smile. "Yes, please get those packages in while I calm down Ruby here and those packages are a day early," as she started to cry again. I saw her smile and nod as she slowly got the packages in. I get the pacifier and hand it to Ruby, in which she gladly accepted and calmed her down. I sat on the couch with Ruby in my arms and realized that she wet herself. "Hey Robert, I got all of the packages in. Should I stay here or go back to work? My boss told me that I don't have to come back today," as she sat down on the couch. "Can you please stay because I haven't gotten your name yet and Ruby hasn't said anything here unless she said something while she was with you?", as I played with her hair. "Okay my name is Annabelle, but everyone just calls me Anna and Ruby hasn't said anything with me, so I am wondering if something is wrong with her," as she gave a worried face to me. "No, nothing's wrong, she is just in newborn headspace, which I know what she needs. Can you find wet wipes? Also can you start opening the packages one by one and tell me what is inside of them and I will say what items I need for her and once you find all of the items that I need just stop opening them, so can you do that?", while she nodded and ran into another room to find wet wipes.

I look back down at Ruby to see that she is smiling behind her pacifier. I began to worry because how am I going to take care of Ruby, my most important person in my life at the moment, while she was in newborn headspace. Anna came back with wet wipes and scissors while she handed me the wet wipes. I pulled down her sweat pants and panties and wiped her private parts. She started to wimpier, but I caressed her scalp and that calmed her enough that I was able to finish wiping her. I put the dirty wet wipe in the trash and kissed her forehead. "Okay, the items I need for Ruby here are baby powder if she got it, a changing mat if she got it as well, and diapers," and Anna looked at me wide eyed. "You're going to put her in a diaper? Are you mad?!", as she yelled and made Ruby cry and her pacifier fell from her mouth. My stress level was going through the roof. "Look, you just made her cry and I am not mad because she feels like she is a newborn baby and newborn babies don't go to the toilet, so I am not mad," I then looked at Ruby "Hey shhh, it's alright it's alright, no need to cry, I'm always here baby," as I consoled her and she slowly calmed down. "Sorry, I was thinking about my friend without thinking she was in little space. That is my fault and I am very sorry for you Ruby," as her calming voice fully calmed her down. She kissed Ruby on the cheek, puts the pacifier back in, and walks over to open the packages as Ruby saw it completely.

"Okay, in the first package all I have that you need is baby powder," as she puts it on the coffee table. "The next package has the changing mat and diapers," as she gets the diapers out and has the mat in her arm. She opens the packaging around the mat and lays it down on the ground. "Okay I can take it from here," as I stand up and have Ruby head on my shoulder. I lay her down on the mat and Ruby started to wimpier. Anna then caressed her arm and cheek while she whispered into her ear. I opened the package of diapers, got one out and slid it under her bum. I then did the baby powder around her privates and I felt calm. I pulled the top of the diaper and did the tapes. I picked her up and had her on her hip.

"Okay, I just want to ask you again, do you want me to stay and help you or me to go home?", as she smiled at me. "I think I got this, but I will want your phone number to call if something comes up," as I poke Ruby's nose and she giggled.  "Oh no, I am in the same building as you and we live next to each other and I am on the right, so if you have a problem or if I hear you possibly having a problem, I will come straight away," as she walked to the door. "Alright see ya," as I waved. "Yep, see ya and here are the keys that Ruby has and sadly I am not a caregiver as I am not into that stuff, but I respected her when I heard she was a little," as she tossed them to me and I caught them. She walked out and closed the door, while I locked it.

"Let's go get you a bottle, hmm?", while I walked into the kitchen. I grabbed a bottle from the cabinet and sat Ruby down on a chair. Her eyes started to well, but I got the bottle done in a jiffy. I then picked up Ruby and the microwave beeped and I opened the door and getting the bottle. I walked into the living room and sat down on the couch with Ruby in my arms. I took her pacifier out and replaced it with the bottle. She gladly sucked the warm milk in the bottle and started falling asleep.

She then fell asleep with the bottle still not finished and she was sucking on it in her sleep, so I kept it there. She then finished the bottle and I quickly replaced it with the pacifier and she stayed asleep. I laid her down on the couch, while I went to get the blanket. I got the blanket and covered her with it. I kissed her forehead hoping she would wake up out of little space.