Chapter nine

Robert P.O.V

I started waking up because Ruby was moving in her sleep. I checked the clock and it was almost time for Ruby to go to work, but she has the day off. I heard the alarm clock go off, but I stopped it so Ruby can get more sleep. I cuddled with Ruby again and slowly drifted to sleep again.

I woke up again and saw Ruby was still asleep. I started to worry that she was in a coma or worse. I checked her neck to see if she still had a heart beat and she did. My worry died down a little bit, but I still worried about Ruby. I can't go alone to the club and possibly find my caregiver there and leave without her. I need her now and in the future.

When I was thinking about Ruby, I heard her waking up. My worries went completely out of the window with me sighing in relief. "Hi Ruby, looks like you had a good sleep," as I smiled at her. "Yes I did," as she smiled. Then her happy face turned into a concerned one.

"A penny for your thoughts?"

"I was in the youngest headspace I have ever been and I am in just so scared on what my headspace age will affect by this," while she starts crying. "Hey, you are okay, you are safe with me, no need to cry," as I cooed. I caressed her arms and she slowly calmed down. "Look, you can maintain any little age you want, you just got to do it. It also doesn't matter if you go into a headspace that you are not used to," as I  reassured her. "Thank you for the very kind and warming words Robert. You helped me with thinking about my little space and that it doesn't really matter what age you are with being a little," with rubbing her eyes.

Ruby and I got out of bed and I heard a gasp from Ruby. "I wet my diaper in my sleep," while I hugged her. "That was your little space wetting, not you," while I kissed her cheek. "Thank you for the kind words there. I am truly thinking we are becoming siblings in our little space by being kind to each other when we are big. I will change my diaper myself and I will call you for help if needed," while she hugged me. I smiled at her and walked out of the bedroom.

I got myself changed into new clothes and I walked to the bathroom to do my business. I did all of my business and I opened the door and saw Ruby waiting to come in. I let her walk in and closed the door for her. I slowly made my way to the kitchen and thought about Ruby and I, in little space with our caregiver(s). I sat down on a chair next to the table and continued on that topic.

I saw Ruby walking into the kitchen. She immediately went to cook us breakfast and I began to worry about her hurting herself and slipping into little space. She made it out and put the plates in front of me while sitting down with the plate now in front of her. "So, have you been to one of the events where littles can meet caregivers before?", while I just started eating my food.

"I have once, but I had no success. I met caregivers but they weren't the right ones for me. I did see two caregivers, a mommy and a daddy, but something for me was missing and I don't know really what it was missing so I denied them there. I feel like I regret doing that decision, but I also feel like I wasn't truly ready to go with a caregiver, and now I do feel like I am ready to go get the caregiver we are desisted to have. Have you gone to any of these events yourself?", while she ate her food.

"No I haven't because I have been on the streets since I was thirteen and I was looking for them in this town and I just couldn't, but at least I found a fellow little with it being you and you saved me from all of my bullies and I thank you for that, as you are my savior," while I finished my food. "That's to kind for you to say, but I shouldn't be your savior because you are still in town and I don't know if your bullies want to bully you. If we find our caregiver on the day of the event, you should give it to them," while she got our dishes and put them in the sink. "Yeah, I can think of that later, but for now you are my savior," as I rubbed her back. Ruby only chuckled at my comment. "Okay I need to be saved person, we need a different topic," while we walked out of the kitchen.

We sat on the couch, looking at each other. "So, what should we talk about? Maybe tell your story up to this point and I will help with the pain?", as she cocked her head. "My parents died when I only five years old," as I started crying. "Hey, it's okay. Death happens and all you have to do about it is to live with it," while she rubbed my back. "I have lived with it, but I always wondered how my childhood would have went, along with being a teenager and beyond," as I slowly calmed down and continued. "Then my foster era began. And let me tell you, it was terrible. I was in and out of foster families from when I was five to thirteen. Every single foster family I had was terrible. They would abuse me, have me do everything and sometimes, I wouldn't even get food on my plate. I was fed up with it and moved to the streets," while I wiped away the tears.

"That is a very sad story you have," as Ruby picked up a picture and looked at it. I looked at it and it looked like Ruby with kids older and younger than her. "Who are they?", as I asked her. "Those are my siblings. We took this picture the day we left our parents. I haven't recovered from my parents and I miss my siblings so much," as she started crying. "Hey look, if you miss them, how about you see them?", while I rubbed her back. "I don't know where they are and I can't message them because I don't have a phone," while she continued crying. "Hey, you might find them in the wild and you see them again," while I rubbed her back. "That has never happened to me and my life has been full with sadness because of what my parents did," while she slowly calmed down.

"Look Ruby, everyone has sadness in their lives, it's about when it will happen," while we hugged each other. "Thank you, for today. You have helped me with today and I don't know how to repay you," as she exited the hug that we had. "You don't have to repay me. In fact I had to repay you for saving me from my bullies and keeping me here with safety," while I put my hand on her shoulder. "Well, I did watch you get bullied for a year and I wanted a special time to get you out," while my jaw dropped. "Well no wonder I was worried about someone watching my every move," as I gasped.

"At least you are safe now with me," while she cooed. I agree that I safe from torture and my life is rebounding from my awful years that I had. Even my anxiety is slowly getting better so I only smiled at her.