Chapter eleven

A week before the event

Abigail P.O.V

I was sitting on a chair looking at the empty spot that we are going to put our high chair, if our little was young enough. I slightly weep because of thinking of our little that isn't here right now. "Babe, it's okay, you know we will find our little one someday, we just have to wait," as my husband assured and hugged me trying to calm me down. "But what about that little girl that we saw at an event a year ago. She could be in my arms right now and we wouldn't have this problem right now," as I sniffled and started to cry softly in his arms. "Abigail, remember what I said when we saw her. You said that you wanted her now while I said that I think she isn't ready for a caregiver as my verdict was that she just wasn't ready for a caregiver for her. I think she is still out there, we just have to find her," as my husband reassured me and kissed my head.

I then heard the footsteps of Luna coming into the kitchen. "Look Abigail, you shouldn't be the one crying, it should actually be me because I am still in mourning of my own husband and I have also looked for a little as long as you," as Luna whimpered softly and sat down on a chair next to me with her saddened face. "Well I actually have some good news," as my husband hooted and I looked at him. "What is the good news, Mitch?", as Luna implored and got up from her seat to get a cup from the cabinet. "There is going to be an event held a few towns from here, where caregivers and littles can go to meet each other. It's going to be in a week," as Mitch acknowledges, while Luna and I looked at Mitch and then at each other. "When is the day, My Love?", as I requested and looked back at Mitch. "Exactly one week, babe. And we are all available that day as well," as Mitch revealed and smiled at me. "We all can find our little one there because I am coming!", as I heard Luna as Mitch and I were sharing a kiss. "You can come out of mourning on that day and we will be one happy family," as I bragged and Luna came into cuddle. Mitch also responded by cuddling also.

The day of the event

"Are we ready to go, My Love?!", as I shouted from the car. "Not yet babe! Luna just went back into the house for some reason," as Mitch leered and looked back at me while he was on the porch. I sit back on the seat and slightly grown. This doesn't happen often, but I really do hope that Luna, Mitch, and I fix this when we get our little one.

I saw Mitch was entering the car's driver seat while I saw him from the passenger seat. Luna then came in the back and closed the door. "I am very sorry for that. I had a sudden call to the bathroom that I needed to take care of," as she sighed with relief. "That is okay, we are still on time and we don't have to rush our way there," as I professed and patted Mitch's thigh, signaling that it's time to go.

We drove for a little while and I then passenger car window. There was a farmer caring for his crops and I couldn't just stop thinking about me taking care of my little one. I felt very happy because of my own thoughts.

We made it in town and it looks very nice. The houses are nicely done and the roads are really smooth. There was even a big apartment building that looked very nice and I felt a certain urge to go in there, but I don't know why. Then, I saw the building that was holding the event. Not many people were going in, but this lifestyle isn't for everyone. Mitch then parked the car, took one of my hands and Luna took the other hand.

"Are we all ready to find our little one?", as he jabbered and his eyes met my own eyes. "I will always be ready to find our little one," as I smiled at Mitch. "I have been waiting years for this," while Luna quietly chuckled. We all then exited the car walking to the building.

Mitch opened the door, but let it open for us. "Ladies first," as he told to Luna and I. "My Love, you didn't have to do that," as I congratulated him and walked in. "Thank you Mitch," as Luna thanked him and then walked in. Then, Mitch walked in with closing the door.

Then we saw a man sitting on a chair and was behind a desk. He was probably here for giving something to people to recognize them as a little or a caregiver. "Hello, may I help you?", as the man behind the desk asked us. "We are three caregivers that are looking for a little," as I greeted him and gave him a smirk. "Alright, can I have your arms so I can put on a band for you?", as he asked us and I gave him my arm and Mitch and Luna also laid down there arms. He put the bands on in a flash. "Well, I hope you find your little today and thank you for coming," as he smiled back at us. Mitch opened the door, letting Luna and I walk in. Luna, Mitch and I smile back at the man and we all walk in holding each other's hands.

We walked into the main event and for this type of event, it was clearly busy. We started walking around the event to find our little one. We were completely fine on what age our little was at, but we preferred the ages of 0 months to 2 years. We  were searching for a little and found one. The little looked back and was a girl. That girl started walking towards us.

"Hi, my name is Abigail, this is Mitch who is my husband, Luna, my best friend and we are caregivers. What is your name, cutie pie?", as smiled and knelt down to her. "Hi, my name is Lyla and I am energetic when I am big and little!", as Lyla bantered and was going all around us. "Hey Lyla, can you calm down so we can talk about each other?", as I smiled and have out my hand. Lyla takes it and starts walking with me.

We made it to a table of four and we all sit down. "So Lyla, can you talk about yourself to us?", as I have my big smile. "So my little age is 4-5, I love cuddles, I am very energetic, I always love watching Disney movies, and I always love playing," as she explained herself.

After I heard that, I felt stone cold. I didn't think Lyla was the little for us. I could definitely deal without feeding our little, but she was definitely not the little for us and I could see it in Luna's eyes. "Lyla, if you went with us right now, how long do you think you will stay with us?", as I look back at Lyla. "Well you would be my first caregivers so I would want to stay with you, but in this moment you all are just off, so I just don't know," as Lyla had a concerned face. "Lyla, we are not your caregivers, but your caregiver is waiting for you. Go find your caregiver, Lyla," as Mitch responded  to Lyla and held her hand. "Thank you," as Lyla got out of her chair and let go of Mitch's hand. She then walked away and I just could feel sadness inside my body.

To see how many littles that I saw walk away from me, littles that I saw that I had a connection with them and just walking away from me is absolutely heartbroken.  I have seen littles of all ages and it is saddening to see another one walk away from me. Mitch pulled Luna's and my chair closer to him while Luna and I just cry in his chest. "I know girls, I'm going through this myself," as Mitch sighed and I saw just one tear streak down his cheek. I actually have never seen Mitch cry ever and I could only imagine on what is going on inside of my husband. I am actually very happy that I married Mitch. To me, he was like a second dad and he has gotten me through so much and without him, I would be long gone.

We then eventually calmed down, but the pain still hurts inside me. We get up from our chairs and started to look again. We all found littles, but they weren't for us. My sadness just continued to grow every passing minute. I felt like I didn't want this anymore.

Then I heard two faint voices behind me. I couldn't recognize them, but I knew that they were littles. "Can we look behind us just for a second?", as I question Mitch and Luna. They both nod in agreement and we all looked behind us. I saw the little girl that I saw at the event a year ago. She was holding a little boys hand and they were walking to us. I felt my sadness disappear inside of me and replaced it with happiness.