Chapter twelve

Robert P.O.V

We started walking to the three caregivers and they all turned around. Even though I still walked, inside of me just wanted to run straight to them. My urge to go with them was so strong, if it was measured as weight, not even the strongest person on earth would lift it.

"Hello there, my name is Abigail, this is Mitch as he is my husband, this is my friend Luna and we are all caregivers. What's your names, little ones?", as she knelt down and smiled. I just hugged Abigail and hid my face in her neck, holding onto Jack with my hands behind her back. "I'm Ruby and that is Robert," as Ruby told them and I wrap my legs across her waist. Abigail's arms felt warm and comforting, so much I just wanted to slip into little space.

"Aww, you want to be carried, baby?", as Abigail asked and ran her fingers through my hair. "Yes, please carry me. And can I please slip into little space?", as I pleaded. "Robert, you can slip. I can talk with them while you're little," as Ruby acknowledges and handed me my paci. "Thank you Ruby," as I told Ruby before I put the paci in my mouth with one hand while holding onto Jack in the other hand. The sucking on the paci and the warmth of Abigail's arms slowly slipped me into little space.

Abigail P.O.V

I was carrying Robert as we started to find a place to talk. When I saw that Robert just hugged me, that shocked me. Then Robert taking his paci and I knew that Robert was in our age of preference for us, to be our little. We made it to a semi circle table, which Ruby sat on one side and Luna and Mitch sat leaning against the wall which they were by Ruby, but left me one spot open which was facing Ruby.

"Can I get a drink please?", as Ruby asked the worker passed us. "Sure, what do you want?", as the worker looked back and questioned Ruby. "Just water please," as Ruby replied back. "Actually, can I have a iced tea, please?", as Luna asked and the worker nodded. "Can I just have a soda?", as Mitch offered. "Is that everything?", as the worker probed. "ilkies in baba?", as Robert lisps behind his paci. "I'm not going to have a drink, but can you show me where the bathrooms are?", as I told the worker. "I will get your drinks very soon and there right over there ma'am," as the worker pointed down the hallway. "Thank you," as I looked at the worker and then started walking.

We made it to the bathrooms and I went into the family bathroom. I closed the door and walked to the adult sized changing table. I laid Robert down on the changing table and I was met with a shocking response. Robert curled up into a ball and was facing the wall crying. "Pwease nu huwrt me," as Robert cried out with his paci falling out of his mouth. "Shh, I'm not going to hurt you. I was just going to put a diaper on you because I don't want you to go potty in your pants. It's okay baby, I will never hurt you," as I rubbed his back, soothed him, and grabbed his paci. He came out of his position with tear marks on his cheeks. "There is nothing to be afraid of baby. I am here for you," as I consoled him. He stretched out his legs, which gave me some control to change him. I grab wipes, baby powder, rash cream, and a diaper. I then pulled down his pants and underwear. I picked up his legs, unfolded the diaper, and put his bottom on the correct side of the diaper. I powdered his prince parts and folded up the diaper. I did the tapes and pulled up his underwear and pants. I used a wipe to remove the tear stains on his cheeks. Then, I put away the rash cream, baby powder, and wipes. I picked Robert up, went to the sink, washed and dried the paci, and put it up to his mouth. He gladly accepted it and we went out of the bathroom.

I walked back to the table and see that all three of them were chatting. That's completely fine unless it's something important. "Hey babe, how was changing Robert?", as Mitch asked me while I sat down and me laying Robert in my arms. "It was good my love, except for one thing. Once I put him down on the changing table, he rolled up into a ball and told me to not hurt him and I don't know why," and when I said that, Robert started whimpering and sucking hardly on his paci. "Oh puppy, don't be scared, I can protect you from anyone mean to you," as I soothed Robert. Robert then calmed down, but hid his face in my shoulder, while sucking on his paci. "I can actually explain about why Robert is a little scared," as Ruby told us, but she looked very worried.

"I will have to tell you his backstory to know why he did that. Can I tell it Robert?", as Ruby implored Robert, as Robert nodded softly and laid his head on my shoulder. "Okay just be prepared for sadness," as Ruby sighed.

I was completely shocked when I heard Robert's backstory. To have your parents die at an early age is never good, but to go from foster family to foster family and be the same result is saddening nonetheless. Then moving to the streets was a risky move, as well as having bullies basically following you all the time is heartbreaking. I don't know how Robert didn't jump off a building, but Ruby said that Robert might have anxiety. "I had anxiety, but it wasn't as bad as when I had depression and they weren't medical. My anxiety was mild to moderate, while my depression was just severe. Mitch was the one who brought me out of both and now I don't know where I would be without him," as I smiled at Mitch.

Just then, the worker came back with our drinks. "Sorry about not coming sooner, the iced tea took longer than expected," as the worker was passing our drinks to us. "That's okay, as long as we get them," as I spoke and grabbed Robert's bottle. The worker then walked away from us. I took Robert's paci out and replaced it with the bottle, while keeping the paci in one hand. Robert then started drinking the milk out of the bottle. "Ruby, do you think Robert would go with us if you also go?", as Luna questioned Ruby. "Well we sat for dinner once and we agreed to search for a caregiver together, so I would think so," as Ruby proclaimed and started drinking her water. "So Ruby, I do have a question for you. What are the little ages for you and Robert?", as Mitch asked Ruby. "Well my little age goes around 0-2, but I haven't seen the youngest of Robert. If I had to guess his little age, I would say it would be around 0-1, but I haven't seen him in newborn headspace yet," as Ruby assured us.

Robert just finished his bottle. I take the nipple out, grabbed the paci, and was going to put it in Robert's mouth, but he refused it. "I wan to go wit ou," as Robert blurted out. All of us were shocked. "Are you sure, pups?", as I pondered. Robert nodded and grabbed the paci. Robert put the paci in his mouth and quietly sucked on it.

"Well, since that just happened, I also want to go with you," as Ruby responded. We have found them, we have found our littles.