Chapter eight

Robert P.O.V

I was still looking at Ruby while she was sleeping. I hugged Jack close as I was in deep worry because of how Ruby might react to this. I saw Ruby was just waking up when she was crying and wanted her to be in my arms. "Dang it" as I thought while I put Jack down on the table and pick up Ruby. I laid Ruby in my arms to calm her down and she slowly did. I then checked her diaper and to my disgust, it was wet. I went into deeper worry on how I will change Ruby while she wants to be held all of the time. I got up and placed her on my hip while I got the wet wipes in my other hand. I laid her down and Ruby didn't like that. She started crying as she wanted to be in my arms. I caressed her arm and whispered "you don't need to cry. I will be done very soon," as I saw Ruby didn't have her paci. I quickly changed her diaper, put her on my hip, grabbed the paci, and walked into the kitchen. I placed her on a chair and quickly washed the paci and placed it in her mouth and picked her up. She then slowly calmed down while I had her in my arms. I then made my way to the couch where I lay her down in my arms.

I looked at the clock and it said 2:38, as I sighed as I knew I was in for a long day that was left. I decided to cuddle more with Ruby to help pass the time.

I cuddled with Ruby, until it was 3:14 and got up placing her on my hip and walked to the kitchen to get her a bottle. I did everything for the bottle, with Ruby shedding some tears while I wasn't holding her. I got the bottle out of the microwave, while holding Ruby and walked to the living room. I sat on the couch with Ruby in my arms and took her paci out. I quickly replaced it with the bottle and fed her. I looked at her face while she was drinking the bottle and she looked so peaceful, so loving, and most of all so cute.

She finished the bottle and I took it out and replaced it with the paci. She started sucking on it while leaning on my shoulder. I only smiled at her when she did that. Even though it was early for thinking about this, I started thinking about what to eat at supper. I thought I would just throw something in the oven and that's it.

I cuddled with Ruby and changed her diaper again until it was time for supper. I put in chicken tenders and french fries in the oven to cook and sat on a chair for it to wait to cook. Once it was finished, I took it out and put it on a plate and sat down to eat my supper. Ruby cuddled with me the whole time, in which I only smiled at. I finished my supper and got a bottle ready for Ruby.

Once the microwave beeped, I took the bottle out and walked to the living room. I sat on the couch, laying Ruby in my arms. I took her paci out and replaced it with the bottle with the warm milk. She then started feeding from it and I only smiled at her while doing it. She then started to fall asleep while drinking it. "Go to sleep baby, and have a good night," as I cooed her. She fell asleep, but still sucking on the bottle. I decided to let her finish the bottle.

Once the bottle was finished, I quickly replaced it with the paci. I laid her down on the couch with the blanket covering her. I grabbed the keys and Jack and decided to meet Anna because I needed company while I winded down. I rang the doorbell and heard Anna yell "just wait a minute," as I looked around to see no one around the floor. She opened the door and gave a confused face.

"Robert, I didn't expect you to be at my door," while she exclaimed. "Yeah I know, but Ruby is now asleep for the night and I need someone to keep me company while I wind down to go to sleep," while I confessed. "Oh, okay then come in,. I am always welcome with you or Ruby coming in," as I walked in. I sat on a recliner and started talking to Anna. "So, how has your day been going as I last saw you?", while she sat on the couch. "Oh, I have been just lounging around and bingeing Tv shows," as she took a sip of her cup. "Hey, how has Ruby been doing? I want to know because I haven't seen her that young in little space," while she looked back at me. "Well, that is also a reason I came here. She didn't leave newborn headspace at all and I was wondering if you can your boss have Ruby take a day off tomorrow," while I started rocking the recliner. "Oh, she takes the next day off if she slips into little space the day before because she doesn't want to risk going to work as well being in little space," while she replied. "Well that's good that she doesn't need to go to work tomorrow," as I yawn. "Looks like you need to go to sleep," as she joked. "Yes I do, and thanks for letting me talk to you," while I stand up from the recliner. "No problem and do you want to become friends? I believe we will be seeing each other from time to time," while she stood up as well. "Yeah we can become friends, as I see no problem with that," as I hugged her and she hugged back. "Okay then, we will see each other later?", as I walked to the door and nodded.

I walked out of Anna's apartment and walked back to Ruby's apartment and opened the door. I saw on the couch that Ruby was still asleep. I closed the door and put the keys near Ruby's purse. I then took the blanket off her and picked Ruby up. I then walked over to the bedroom and tucked Ruby in. I went to the bathroom to do my business and walked back to the bedroom. I got myself tucked in with Ruby in my arms and slowly fell asleep.