TWENTY THREE

chapter twenty three;
in tears

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

it took everyone by surprise when mikey didn't hesitate to punch kazutora, "if all you can do is destroy the things i care about

it took everyone by surprise when mikey didn't hesitate to punch kazutora, "if all you can do is destroy the things i care about..then i'll destroy you right here and now, kazutora."

mikey punching kazutora without any mercy. everyone can't move from their place to stop mikey.

"mikey is gonna kill kazutora. nobody can stop mikey now."

agatsuma y/n felt baji is moving to wake up making her immediately stop him, "stay still, baji! you lost too much blood!"

baji only stare at her face before saying;

"you're beautiful."

y/n froze when those words left his mouth as he hugged her as it was the last time she will feel his warm.

she snapped out for her daze when baji suddenly called out mikey name, but mikey seems to have not heard it yet but for the second time he finally turned his head, "you got mad...just for me?"

"thanks, man."

chifuyu called out his name to stop him from walking any further but it didn't stop him, "i'm not gonna...die. this wound ain't gonna kill me!"

"so don't worry about it kazutora." baji took out a pocket knife and his next move shocked everyone- as y/n finally moved her feet to stop him;

"you won't...be the one to kill me."

but it was too late;
baji keisuke just stabbed himself.

chifuyu caught him before he could fall to the ground, and held him close to him as takemichi slowly walked to them, "baji-san...why'd you do it? i don't get it.."

"why would you..what were you trying to achieve by stabbing yourself?!"

baji panting and looking at him, "takemichi...come closer.." takemichi kneels down to him, "kisaki is the enemy. i realized that back when pah stabbed osanai."

"i'll get pah out of prison. in exchange, make me the third division captain."

"i just happened to catch kisaki proposing that to mikey. kisaki is not...our third division captain! toman was formed by..six of us."

tears start swelling in baji's eyes, "no matter what happened...pah's the only captain of third division."

"pah-chin..mitsuya..draken. mikey. kazutora." when baji said his friend's names, he smiled fondly, "toman's founding members..are my treasure."

"i wanted to fix this my own, but i just couldn't. i...died on my own." baji black eyes traveled to takemichi, "mikey has no reason to kill kazutora." he said, as he look up at the sky, image of shinichiro smiling appeared on his mind.

"...it's the time..i'm starting to hallucinate." he look at the bleached blond who confused, "you remind me of shinichiro-kun somehow."

"mikey...and toman...i'm leaving them in your hands!!"

takemichi starting to sobbing, "don't...baji-kun..don't say that!"

"hey y/n, i know..you're here." the denial girl kneeled down to him, don't want to believe baji is dying in front of her right now, "seems like we fail.."

she wants to deny that but she can't let her voice out, "i didn't treat you..high quality eel yet. i did promise you right.."

she only grabs his slowly cold hand, as he grips it back, even though it's weak, "don't worry about it, baji! you treat me later but now please..don't close your eyes yet.."

is this how you feel when your friend is dying in front of you and you can't do anything about it?

"please promise me to take care of everyone..for me?"

she nodded her head, "i promise, just stay awake for me.." her words calm the black haired boy, make him smile at her which makes her looks at him wide yet sorrowful eyes.

"chifuyu."

"yes?"

"i'd kill for some peyoung yakisoba right now."

it took for seconds for chifuyu spoke, "...i'll go buy you some."

"we'll split it right?" chifuyu didn't answer him, only loud sniffles can be heard, as baji grinned brightly despite there's some blood for the last time,

"thanks, chifuyu.."

there was a pregnant silence in the air, chifuyu called out his captain name, but there's no response from him.

he cried in anguish, can't accept the fact he's gone. there it is.

baji keisuke died.

AUTHORS NOTE ;

AUTHORS NOTE ;

i actually cant
move on from
his death.