THIRTY SEVEN

chapter thirty seven;
new year

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

DECEMBER 31ST, THE DATE WHERE PEOPLE WILL GATHERING AT THE SHRINE TO CELEBRATE NEW YEAR

hanagaki takemichi and tachibana hinata are on their date after they made up for the day when Toman won fighting against the Black Dragon. tachibana hinata was astonishing by the beauty of the shrine. many people are waiting for the new year countdowns, "wow, what a crowd!"

takemichi agreed with his girlfriend, "yeah, really. wonder if mitsuya-kun and the rest are here too." and as if mitsuya can read his mind, his little sisters and shiba siblings appeared behind him.

"takemitchy! looks like you're all dressed up for shichi-go-san." the lilac haired male said, as hakkai greeted him.

takemichi's eyes landing on the two girls in front of him, "mitsuya-kun, are those two the little sisters i've heard about?" he bending down to luna's height, "how old are you?"

"i'm not a little kid, dumbface." luna said as mana repeat the dumbface word. then the sisters run towards hinata and hug her, "yay! pretty lady!" while takemichi feels irritated, "how are you raising them?!" he asked mitsuya and the brother only grinned.

luna grabs hinata's hand, "big sis, hold my hand!" said the little girl, which hinata okay with it, "me too, me too!"

the actions only cause takemichi feels irritated, "hey, that's my hina!" while mitsuya sweatdropped beside him.

yuzuha had her eyes on someone which her little brother noticed. he goes beside her and thinks that yuzuha had her eyes on mitsuya. he talks about it which yuzuha flinched at her brother words, "anyone would fall for him after how badass he was on christmas!"

with her red cheeks as her eyes still looking forward- she answered with yeah, then she talks about taiju's words before he left. hakkai was shocked when he heard those words- "taiju said that?"

"yeah. in the end, he changed you and taiju." yuzuha's eyes sparkled- "to me, hanagaki takemichi is-" it took hakkai for seconds to realize who's yuzuha talks about. yuzuha shushed him down and saying that takemichi already got hinata and it was just a small crush.

mitsuya turned around to see what the noises between siblings about but something or someone caught his eyes. his eyes slightly widened when agatsuma y/n came in his view. she was wearing a kimono with flower pattern. she got him mesmerized that make him didn't realize there's someone beside her.

the agatsuma girl jumps on yuzuha- which as results yuzuha shocked but caught the girl, "YUZUHAAAAA!!! HOW ARE YOUUU?!?!?!"

yuzuha smiles at her friend, "i'm good since you're here." those words make y/n gasped in surprise, "I LOVE YOU YUZUHA!!" then her eyes lands on the three girls who're still holding hands, "HINATAAAAA!!!!" she hugs her peach haired girl, "I MISS YOU!!"

hinata giggled as she returns the gesture, "i miss you too, y/n-chan. how're your injuries?"

"it's all good now! thanks to my gramps." then she froze- she left her grandpa behind. she turned her head behind and only found her guardian to have a conversation with her future hus- i mean mitsuya.

he got her eyes on him. dayum, he's so handsome.

then the mitsuya sisters hug her leg and waist. her eyes turn to them then a big smile appears on her beautiful face. she lifts up mana then supports her with one hand which the little girl hugs the older girl while the agatsuma another hand pats luna's head, "MY FAVORITE KIDS!! DID YOU MISS ME?"

"we miss you so so much, n/n-chan!" luna's response makes y/n smiles. she loves these kids so much like her own sisters. she didn't realize that takashi's eyes are on her- watching her interaction with his little sisters with a smile.

jigoro glanced at the lilac haired kid who he just learned his name is -mitsuya takashi who's watching his kid with adoration makes him shake his head - oh to be young again.

he doesn't really care about his youth because he had responsibility to do and one of them is - taking care of his grandchildren and watching them growing up. but he only has y/n left - his only joy and pride.

jigoro was so distracted with mind that he didn't even notice that y/n already grabbing his hand with takashi waiting for them, "the fireworks was about to start, gramps! we have to hurry!"

the guardian stopped making y/n also stopped her movement, "go ahead with your friends. i'll wait here." the agatsuma girl worried about this, "are you sure?" - "yeah. don't worry about your old man." - "are you really really sure?" the girl asked again and only got hit in the head, "fine, i'll go! just be careful around here, okay?"

jigoro's eyes soften, "i got it. i already an old man, i know how to take care of myself."

y/n smiles for the last time before running off towards mitsuya and grabbing his hand- which got the boy blushing as he did the same.

"10 seconds 'til the new year!"

mikey turned his head to his friends, "let's jump together, guys!" - takemichi was not ready.

"three!"

"two!"

"one!"

with jumping together, they all shouts;

"Happy New Year!!"