Chapter 10

"Izana, Mikey is in your hands

"Izana, Mikey is in your hands. I'll handle your sister."

When Kisaki said so, Manzo was speechless. Kisaki rather get his hand dirty than even use him to kill Emma? But more importantly, why did he even kill an innocent girl just to get Tachibana?

He had this mixed feeling that he doesn't want Kisaki to dirty his hand but at the same time, he doesn't want to interfere with Kisaki's plan. Beside, the thought of Emma dying…

Remind him of Baji.

He has turned blind eyes for Kisaki but when he's no longer needed by Kisaki, he felt sorry for Mikey who lost people dear to him. When he's good to go, he runs to Tachibana's house. He didn't know that stalking Takemichi could help him one time.

He rings the bells and Tachibana answers the door with a confused face.

"Hi Tachibana. My name is Kiyoshi Manzo. C-can I…um.."

She gave him a smile before they decided to go somewhere quiet to talk instead. Manzo is not used to talking with people first so he takes his sweet time to tell Tachibana what's his plan.

"I…like Kisaki Tetta."

"Oh! That's good for you! But why are you telling me this?"

"...Kisaki likes someone else and he has been doing a lot of terrible things for the person…Baji's death caused by him and the next one that might die…is probably Sano Emma."

The girl covers her mouth and struggles to take her phone to inform Emma but Manzo stops her hand.

"I want you to give her number to me. I have an idea but I need her to know what it is."

Tachibana could see Manzo's eyes showing how sincere he is. She nods and gives him Emma's number. After that, Manzo called Emma and they decided to meet up somewhere.

"Hello."

"Ah yes. Kiyoshi, right?"

"You can call me Manzo."

"Then, what is it that you wanted to tell me?"

He took a deep breath and calmly told Emma every detail he told Tachibana. Emma was so stunned that she was shaking nervously. Why was she targeted by Kisaki?

"I know you're thinking why you're targeted but can you promise me to…not be mad if I do something?"

Emma takes her sweet time to think about it before nodding. Manzo then went somewhere and ran to her with a bat in his hands. Then, Emma widened her eyes before her head was hit by Manzo.

Manzo drops his bat before lifting Emma up. A few blocks away, there's a hospital nearby. He sprints there with Emma on his back. Emma seems to still be breathing and her eyes are blinking as she tries her best to stay awake.

When Manzo arrives at the hospital, the nurse helps him quickly and he drops himself in front of the room they brought her. He knew he had to run as fast as he could. He chose the specific location to meet Emma so that he can easily bring her to hospital.

"Are you her friend? Did you know how she got injured?"

"...no. Someone hit her and then ran away."

He sat outside the hospital and called Tachibana about it. She cursed him for hurting her and ran to the hospital while informing Mikey about it. After a few minutes, Draken, Mikey and Hina with Takemichi had gone to the hospital to check on her. They ran past Manzo but only Hina saw him.

"Where's my sister, Sano Emma?!"

"What happened to her?!"

"Well, a young man brought her here when she was already injured and he told us that someone hit her and ran away. You can't visit her for now."

"Why not?!" Draken asked angrily.

When Manzo heard their voice, he went away and walked past someone familiar. Kisaki and Hanma. Seems like they don't see Manzo because his jacket covers his face. He glanced at Kisaki before continuing walking.

Kisaki stops in his tracks and looks back. The figure that walks past them seems familiar but he chooses to ignore it and continue walking. If only he knew that his loyal dog just ruined his plan.

Emma was saved but is under surveillance in the hospital. She's still unconscious but still, she will be awake soon. He received a phone call from Tachibana and she told him the date of Toman and Tejiku's fight. He thanked her but the call didn't end there.

"Why did you hurt Emma? Is there no other way to avoid her being killed?"

"...I don't know how Kisaki planned to kill her. I hurt her and now the hospital is watching her. Beside, now Kisaki doesn't know she's hurt, he will look everywhere for Emma but not at the hospital. He will fail to look for her by the time the fight happens."

This person who likes Kisaki, went to save Emma just to stop Kisaki from committing the worst crime…Tachibana felt like punching Kisaki now. She's sure whoever Kisaki did all of this for is not proud.

"You're a good guy…"

"I did this for him. Don't be flattered."

"...why didn't you tell Mikey and the others about your plan? Why are you telling us only?"

"...I am not that brave."

a/n: I don't think I know when tf did kisaki talk with Izana about killing Emma but this event is before 22 February (the date for the fights between Toman vs Tenjiku)