CHAPTER 7: Her Cooking

FILM EMPRESS'S DAILY FACE SLAPPING CHAPTER 7:

Her Cooking

In the modern day, whoever had more fans was the boss. If you had no fans and no background, even if you were framed, you had no choice but to suffer in silence, unable to tell anyone how bitter it was.

Su Shen sent a message to Liu jie. She didn't really care if people online hated on her for her bad acting. The worse the hate was, the more effective and inspirational it would be when she eventually proved them wrong.

Liu jie replied very quickly that she would tell PR* to pay attention and control the public opinion. If it was just hate on her bad acting they would leave it alone, but if anything else was involved, they would control the comments.

PR (public relations) - the professional maintenance of a favorable public image by a company or other organization or a famous person.

The company that Su Shen was signed under was one of the top three entertainment companies in the industry, Xing Hua Entertainment. She was signed because of her sister's connections. Liu jie was an experienced, senior manager in the industry who also managed two popular singers, so her schedule was normally very full.

After some thought, Su Shen decided she still needed to properly thank Wang Cheng.

Su Shen: Thank you. I'll treat you to dinner next time. Oh, and how did you know so much?

After a while, Wang Cheng replied with a long stream of emojis.

Wang Cheng: Fan Meng's in the same company as me. I was on the phone with my manager just then and unintentionally heard him bring it up.

Wang Cheng: You don't have to treat me. Just tell me, what exactly did you experience for your acting to improve so much in just a few months?

He then sent a crying emoji over. Su Shen finally understood his reason for wanting to talk to her. Other than Wang Cheng, there were three very popular young actors with roughly the same image and career path. The four of them were called the mainland's big four idols. Wang Cheng didn't really have anything that would put him ahead of the competition and the mainstream film industry was difficult to enter. If he wanted to change his image, he needed to rely on acting skills.

Su Shen: There's really no secret way. You just have to try and understand your character. The Director says I act over the top a lot, I still have a lot of room to improve [sobbing]

Wang Cheng: Impossible. Look at how you acted before, it was worse than me! Compared to now, it's like you suddenly flew right up to the sky!

Wang Cheng: Do you just not wanna tell me the secret way [kitchen knife]

Su Shen didn't know what to say. What secret way did she have?

Su Shen: Maybe you can go find an acting teacher and take some lessons. I'm going to do that soon.

Previously, she had thought that she didn't need to learn, but then she found out that acting as someone else was completely different to acting as yourself. Perhaps, taking some time to learn would inspire her.

Wang Cheng: Okay [sighs]

Wang Cheng was really talkative and had a high EQ. If Su Shen wasn't too tired to keep talking, he'd still be chatting about anything and everything.

The next morning, the public opinion on the incident online changed again. First, Xie Yan's studio posted a statement to refute the rumour. This calmed down the restless fans. Then, a huge crowd of people started ridiculing her acting and comparing short videos or gifs of her to Fan Meng. They basically all said that she was nothing compared to Fan Meng.