Chapter 4

Tristan's POV
When she finally awoke, she stretched and rubbed the sleep from her eyes. Focusing in on me, her compelling hazel green eyes skimmed over my attire.

"Good, you're awake," I said while fixing the cuff-links on my suit.

"What's going on?" She asked with a yawn as she slowly sat upright.

"I have somewhere I need to be, so Rafaele and Angel will be on guard duty. They are expected to contact me immediately should you try anything."

"Whatever," she muttered. "I just want my son."

I hated the way she referred to Mateo only as hers. He was just as much my son as he was hers. Last I checked, it takes two people to make a baby.

I wanted to correct her on it yesterday, but ended up forgetting about it because she looked so good last night. She was wearing far more clothes than I was, but I could still feel the way her ass sat pressed up against my cock.

It was taking everything within me not to have my way with her. And as much as I'd like to feel and taste her again, I will not take her without her consent.

And with time, I'm a hundred percent certain that she will grow to want me. Want me as much as I want and need her.

I can see it in her eyes now, the way she tries to discreetly eye fuck me. It's cute that she thinks I don't notice the way her cheeks flush and the way her teeth seductively pierce her lower lip.

She wants me buried so fucking deep in that pussy I just know it. Fuck, I can't wait for that day to come. Just thinking about it has the blood rushing to the tip of my cock.

I'll have her walking from side to side when I'm through with her. And that's if she can even get up afterwards. Which I highly doubt, because I would have fucked every bit of function out of her legs.

The dirty visuals in my mind disappear, the sound of my son crying filling my ears. Snapping my head towards the direction of the door, my little sister Katya walks in with Mateo wailing in her arms.

She passes him to Sienna, who's unfazed by the tears currently rolling down his face. His cheeks are puffy, his eyes blurry with tears, and his face tomato red. He doesn't stop crying until Sienna lifts up her shirt and gives him what he's been crying for.

Katya flips me the bird when she sees me and rolls her eyes before leaving the room.

Unbothered by her childish behavior, I motioned for Rafaele and Angel to enter. "Neither of them leave this room, got it?"

They nodded simultaneously, understanding my very specific instructions.

"But I have to go to work," Sienna protested.

"As of right now, you are no longer a working woman. Everything you need is here, which means you can now put all of your focus on taking care of our son."

I could tell from the way her brows drew together that she wanted to curse me out, but instead decided to give me a reason as to why she needed to work.

"I'm guessing you have my phone, which means you know that people have been trying to reach me. Which also means that at some point someone will report me missing."

"What are you getting at?"

"I think she means that she has to work or else someone will grow suspicious and come looking for her, boss," Angel spoke up. I shot a glance his way, glaring daggers at him. He cleared his throat and looked down. "Apologies, boss."

I knew they were both right, but it didn't matter because there isn't anything that anyone can do to keep me from my family.

"We will talk about this later," I said finally, before taking my leave.

****

Cyrus shook his head sadly, having been searching for a pulse that he learned wasn't there and hasn't been for the last hour.

I knew he was dead the moment I saw the bullet hole in the middle of his head and the word, "REVENGE" written in the victim's blood across his forehead.

But I still had Cyrus make sure, a part of me hoping I would be able to spare the hearts of another family.

Frowning, I brushed a hand down my face with the palm of my hand, hating that I would have to rip out the hearts of another family when I inform them that their loved one was murdered.

Staring down at the lifeless corpse lying cold and alone in the back alley of New York, I watched as Cyrus closed the victim's eyes and stood to his feet.

His name was Marcos. His wife was expecting their first child. She's due any day now, which makes this shit a whole lot more disheartening because now that child no longer has a father. 

He bent down and picked up Marcos' phone. He checked his phone for any voice-mails, the voice of Marcos' wife speaking excitedly on the other end.

"He's here! Our baby boy is here! I know you're at work, but I promised to call you when he arrived. So please call me back when you can. I can't wait for you to meet our little ragazzino(baby boy). Ti amo tanto(I love you so much)!"

The line went dead, the message having been sent just seconds prior to Marcos' death, which meant he was in the middle of calling his wife back when his life was taken.

My jaw tightened, anger surging through my veins. That child will grow up without a father.

I thought about my own son and how I've already missed his birth. And if I hadn't found out that I even had a son out there, I wouldn't have been given the chance to be there for him. To be a father to him.

"This is the third victim in the last month. Which means someone is targeting our Mafia, our family," Cyrus snarled in anger, his knuckles white from how hard he's clenching his fists.

We already lost two of our own, and now Marcos makes three. Which confirms that my Mafia isn't safe and neither is my family.

"This person clearly wants revenge for whatever it is we've done," he said. "Which isn't a good thing, because the list of enemies is endless. It could be anybody."

"Well then we better get started," I said, ready to track down our threat so he can suffer for all the damage he's caused within our Mafia.

Whoever this person is, they just signed a death wish. Because I won't stop until there isn't a drop of breath left in their body.

"The sooner we find out who's killing my men, the sooner we can end this shit."

"Agreed," he said, a nod of understanding shared between the two of us.