Chapter 10

Sienna's POV
The sound of things being thrown, Katya and Mrs Lucci shouting at someone, woke me up out of my nap. 

I was exhausted, having finally gotten Mateo down for his afternoon nap only an hour ago. And now all the commotion might wake him up.

Groaning, I forced myself out of bed and trudged out of the room and into the foyer.

"What's going on?" I asked, noticing that Katya and Mrs. Lucci were currently shouting at Tristan in our native tongue, a group of Tristan's men surrounding him like an animal being hunted.

A bottle of hard liquor had been thrown, glass and bourbon all over the floor and wall.

What's he pissed about now?

I wasn't the cause of his anger. Not this time. At least I don't think so. But just to remain cautious, I kept my distance.

Angel pulled me back around the corner so Tristan couldn't see me. "You shouldn't be out here right now," he whispered. "It's not safe."

He would peek his head around the corner every once in a while, I assume to make sure things haven't escalated even more.

"What's wrong with Tristan?" I whispered back.

Hazel eyes drifted back to me. "Tristan's drunk. And whenever he gets like this it means his father is coming back."

"His father?" I repeated.

I have yet to meet Mr. Lucci. But based on how kind Katya and Mrs. Lucci are, I always just figured that Mr. Lucci would be the same.

Angel nodded. "Mr. Lucci and Tristan have a very complicated relationship. Which Tristan will have to explain to you himself when he's not causing havoc in the house."

"Wait, should I be worried?"

He didn't make eye contact as he spoke.
"Truthfully, I'm not sure. But right now, you need to focus on getting Tristan to calm down."

"What!? Me?" I whisper-yelled. "Why can't one of you do it? You know he doesn't listen to me."

He peered around the corner just as something else went flying. It looked like a vase.

Angel's gaze eventually returned to meet mine. "Whenever Tristan drinks he goes through three stages. Rage. Anguish . Lust. And since he's already experiencing rage, it's just down to anguish and lust."

"In that order?"

He shook his head. "We never really know which one he will experience next. But you better hope it's anguish, because when he's horny he's... well..."

"Well what?" I urged, feeling like Angel wasn't providing me with enough information.

"Uh nothing," he said quickly. "Just... good luck." He gave me a small smile, before shoving me back out into the spotlight before I could get anymore information out of him.

"Wait! Angel!" Tristan froze, his eyes now locked on to me. I bit my lip. "Cazzo(Fuck)," I mumbled, wishing I could be invisible right about now.

I didn't know which one he was experiencing now, but I was really hoping it was anguish.

Oh please let it be anguish.

Tristan moved quickly towards me. I had no time to react as he lifted me up and slung me over his shoulder like a rag doll.

He caught me off guard, a squeal forced out of me when his hand came down on my ass. He gave it a squeeze, my eyes wide and a blush of embarrassment painting my cheeks as everyone stared at the two of us.