Chapter 37

When we got back to the house, Tristan pulled me through the front door's entrance. He kept anxiously pacing back and forth, while sifting his fingers through his hair. He was mumbling curses in Italian, seeming to fight the urge to break something.

"I don't know why the hell I keep trying to trust you when all you do is stab me in my back whenever you get the fucking chance!" He spat, spit flying out of his mouth. He was shouting, his accent heavy as he kept pacing around the main area. "Where the fuck did you go? And why?"

"I don't have to tell you anything!"

An elegant marble vase flew, whipping past my head and shattering when it collided with the wall behind me.

My eyes nearly popped out of their socket, Tristan stopping in his tracks when he saw the terror in my eyes.

"Cazzo(fuck)," he cursed.

He rushed over to me and cupped my face in between his large hands. His amber eyes darted around, frantically checking me for any cuts or bruises.

"D-Did I hurt you?" He asks, a quiver in his voice. I shook my head. He sighed, folding his hand over the back of my head and pulling me into his chest. "Mi dispiace(I'm sorry)," he says softly. "You just make me so fucking crazy."

I should just tell him what Dimitri told me. But not right now. Not when he's seconds away from completely unraveling. I'm going to have to get him to calm down first.

He stroked the back of my head, before lifting my chin. "I thought you left me again." He shook his head, tears welling up in his eyes. "You can't leave me, Sienna. Ever."

"I wasn't going to leave you, Tristan. I was coming back." He's shaking, his chest rising and falling rapidly. "Go draw us a bath. I'll join you shortly."

Tristan let go of me and nodded. Once he was gone, Mrs. Lucci, who had seen the whole thing, eyed the broken vase on the floor before bringing her concerned gaze to me. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah." She glared at me with suspicion. Approaching her, I gave her a reassuring smile before going into the bedroom to grab Mateo. He babbled, his chunky little fingers latching on to the jewelry around my neck.

"Where did you go?" Angel asked, following me into the room.

"Nowhere," I lied. "I just needed some fresh air."

He stared at me, not believing the lie I told him. I was waiting for him to call me out on it, but he didn't. He just took Mateo, said goodnight, and left.

Entering the bathroom, I removed my clothes and walked over to the tub. Tristan was already in the water, his eyes taking in my naked form before taking my hand in his.

Stepping into the tub, I sat down in between his legs and sighed. I took his other hand in mine and wrapped his arms around my body. I laid my head on his chest, listening to his heart beat.

"Tristan, promise me you won't freak out," I whispered.

It took him a minute to respond, but eventually he said, "I promise."

"I went to see Dimitri tonight." I could hear his breathing increase, his grip on my waist tightening. "I didn't sleep with him or anything like that. We just talked."

"About what?"

I told him what Dimitri did and why he did what he did. Tristan didn't seem surprised at all when I told him about Liev Sokolov and how his father had them murdered. Though he it did seemed surprised to hear that Dimitri's mother had been raped.

Apparently, his father never ordered them to do what they did. In fact, they weren't even supposed to touch her. Women and children are off limits.

I watched Tristan go through a myriad of emotions, trying to keep it together for my sake. I knew if he wasn't holding me right now that he'd track down Dimitri and kill him for everything he's done.