Chapter 38

I called out of work.

Thanks to Tristan, I woke up with sore muscles. And it hurt so bad. Not just because Tristan had fucked my brains out, but because he had me in all kinds of positions knowing my ass isn't flexible.

I had the bed all to myself, Tristan nowhere in sight. Yawning, I sat up. It took me a second, but I eventually got out of bed.

Groggily walking to the bathroom, I drew myself a nice hot bath. After soaking for about an hour, I took a shower and got dressed. 

I didn't give my outfit too much thought. I simply stole one of Tristan's white tank tops and a pair of his joggers. It smelled like him and it was super comfortable.

I didn't feel like messing with my hair, so I just left it down. I was brushing my teeth in front of the sink when I heard Mateo crying from within the living room. 

Katya and Mrs. Lucci went home last night, so Angel was left babysitting. He gets super anxious around Mateo, because whenever he cries, he's afraid Tristan will hurt him or something.

So he only likes babysitting Mateo when he's asleep. But now that he's awake, Angel's probably going to be running to me in three... two...

"Sienna!" Angel burst into the bathroom and shoved Mateo in my hands. Mateo stopped crying when he saw me, giggling as if he got a kick out of making Angel nervous.

I bent down to gargle and spit into the sink, before wiping my mouth with a towel and glaring at Angel. "Seriously? Tristan's not even here."

"So? Tristan has eyes everywhere." I rolled my eyes, snickering at Angel who kept looking over his shoulder.

"Where did he go anyway?"

"He went for a run. Though that was about two hours ago. So he should be back soon."

I looked at the light blue onesie Mateo was wearing, Simba from The Lion King on the front. I smiled, knowing Katya was probably the one who bought it and Tristan was most likely the one who put it on him.

Bringing Mateo back into the bedroom, I gave him my phone to look at and occasionally throw around on the bed.

 "Are you okay?" Angel asked.

I turned around to see him staring at my legs. I looked down, eyeing the scar on my thigh before looking back up at him. "Yeah, why?"

"You're walking weird."

I broke eye contact, blushing profusely because I didn't think anyone would notice that I was limping. And if Angel noticed, then everyone else is bound to notice.

"I'm just a little sore." Although the bath helped tremendously, all it did was minimize the ache.

"Damn, what did you do to start walking like that?"

"I just slept wrong," I said quickly. I grabbed Mateo and shifted into the living room before he could figure out I was lying.

Placing Mateo in the high chair Katya brought over yesterday, I grabbed Mateo's favorite cheerios and poured it in front of him. Once he saw the cheerios, it was like we weren't even here. His face lit up as he stuffed his face, slobbering all over his hands in the process.

The front door opened, Tristan walking in with Rafaele behind him. I rolled my eyes. I've never liked Rafaele. He's always kissing Tristan's ass and he's just a plain asshole.

Pulling out his earbuds, Tristan smiled when he saw his son. He was covered in sweat, his hair along with the matching black shirt and shorts damp from his run.