Chapter 45

Sienna's POV
"I knew you'd come back," I whispered, inhaling the faint smell of cinnamon on his jacket. I was still quite sore, so being wrapped up in his jacket and smell helped to distract my mind from the pain.

Tristan didn't say anything in regards to my comment. He just glanced in my direction, watching me slip my arms through his jacket and relish in his scent.

Pulling into the driveway of Lorenzo and Rosalie's home, Tristan ordered me to stay in the car while he ran inside to get Mateo. 

Even though I wanted to fight him on it, I did what I was told. Getting kidnapped, beaten, and almost raped was enough to prove that listening to Tristan was the safer option. Besides, it's not like I could really move anyway.

I had my gun cocked and ready to unload a round of bullets if Agostino should decide to show his face. I knew it wasn't going to be over until he was either dead or behind bars for the rest of his life.

And after killing Rafaele, which had been extremely exhilarating, I honestly can say I'm not afraid to add that bastard Agostino to my list of bodies.

Just like Tristan, I'm going to do everything I can to protect my family. Even if it means taking a life.

Seeing Tristan walk out of the house with Mateo in his arms brought a smile to my face. I was so afraid that Agostino had gotten to him before we could.

Carrying Mateo over to the car, I climbed into the backseat as the door was opened. Tristan strapped his car seat in before handing me Mateo. I held him close to my chest, ignoring the pain that it caused.

I kissed his cheek, brushing his unruly head of curls out of his face. Angel hopped into the driver's seat, while Tristan got in the front passenger's seat and cursed.

"Is everything okay?" I asked.

"Agostino's still out there."

Once I buckled Mateo into his car seat, I reached into the front seat to place my hand on Tristan's shoulder. I gave it a squeeze, hoping it would comfort him knowing his family was here and safe.

"We'll deal with your father later. Right now, I just want to go home."

He twists his body to look at me, surprised to hear me refer to his house as home.

The ringing of Tristan's phone has us breaking eye contact. Looking at the screen and seeing Katya's name, he answered the call.

We're all expecting to hear Katya's voice, but instead it's Agostino's voice we hear. "Did you really think I wouldn't have a backup plan, son?"

Tristan's visibly pissed, his jaw flexed and his fist clenched. "Is. She. Alive?"

"For now."

"I want proof."

The call is switched to video and I gasp loudly when I see that Katya's tied up with tape around her mouth like I had been. Based on the interior, she looked like she was in a moving vehicle- most likely a van.

I let out a yelp when Agostino shoots Katya in her leg. The screams that come out of her are muffled, tears streaming down her face.

"You fucking bastard!" Tristan shouts into the phone.

"You have ten minutes to bring me the child, or your sweet baby sister dies."

We are met with the dial tone, Tristan angrily throwing the phone out of the window just as Angel recklessly pulls out into the road.

I knew Agostino was a heartless son of a bitch. But I never thought he would shoot his daughter and threaten to kill her. To stoop this low, you truly have to be a monster.