Chapter 11

Tristan never experienced anguish yesterday. He was too busy trying to get in my pants to feel anything other than horniness. But if he had indeed experienced anguish, then I wasn't awake to witness it.

I waited until Tristan fell asleep, and then I checked on Mateo, who accordingly to Katya, didn't even stir from all the commotion.

Tristan slept throughout the rest of the day. His mother made him dinner last night, but I didn't want to wake him. It seemed like he needed the rest.

So the following morning, I left the guest room that I spent the night in and went to go check on Tristan.

Pushing the door opened, I entered with a glass of water and a few migraine pills in hand. Approaching his side, I set them down on the nightstand.

"What the hell happened last night?" He asked with a tired groan, his arm resting over his eyes.

"You really don't remember?" I asked in surprise.

"I remember a bit, but not all." He looked over at me with worry. "Why? Did I do something to scare you?"

"Besides trying to fuck me like some wild animal, not really."

His eyes skimmed over my body before meeting my eyes again. "Trying? I didn't get any pussy?" He sounded so disappointed in himself at not having succeeded.

I rolled my eyes. "No, you did not get any. And you're not going to. If I were yours, maybe. But I'm not."

"Who are you trying to convince, bellissima(beautiful)? Me or you?"

Wanting to change the subject, I motioned to the glass of water and migraine medicine I left for him on his nightstand.

He picked up the two items, tossing the pills back and taking a sip of the water. Setting the half empty glass down back down on the nightstand, he pushed himself upright, the sheets falling down and exposing his bare, muscled chest.

Knocking at the door, caused the both of us to jerk our heads in the direction of the door. "Come in," Tristan said.

The door was opened, Rafaele walking in. He didn't make any eye contact with me, his attention on his boss. "There's someone here, boss."

"I'm not expecting anyone." He glared at me, eyes ablaze. "Are you expecting someone?"

I shook my head, nervously chewing on the inside of my cheek. It could be the police. Though I doubt it after the way they hung up on me when they learned who had kidnapped me.

Tristan narrowed his eyes. "If you are lying to me..." He growled, ripping the comforter and sheets off his lap.

Dismissing Rafaele with a flick of his wrist, he got out of bed and shrugged on a pair of dark sweatpants.

I followed him down to the foyer. My throat went dry, my palms clammy, and my heart racing when I saw who was standing at the entrance.

What the actual hell is she doing here?

Oh God.

She's going to get us both killed.

My neighbor GiGi, who's been looking after Loki, is waiting at the entrance with my little black Bombay cat in
arms.

I was surprised she had managed to get this far onto the premise without a single bullet hole in her body.

I eyed the salmon pink tank top, denim short shorts, and black flip flops she was wearing. Her wide, chocolate brown eyes dart around the room, her mouth hung open in awe.