Chapter 32

Sienna's POV
I didn't realize I'd overslept until I woke up with a colorful text from my boss. I would have noticed earlier, but Tristan gave me a blackberry that hardly works.

"Merda(Shit)!"

My head was throbbing, reminding me of how much I had to drink last night. Forcing myself out of bed, I stumbled over to the bathroom.

"Hey now, young lady," Mrs. Lucci spoke. "What are you doing out of bed?"

"I'm late for work!" I exclaimed, my body aching.

I shouldn't have gone so overboard with the alcohol, especially when I'm still breastfeeding. Thankfully, I still have a few bags of breastmilk left over from when I last pumped.

"Mi dispiace(I'm sorry) dear, but Tristan doesn't want you working in your condition."

I leaned against the bathroom's doorframe. "My condition?" I scoffed. "I'm fine."

"Tristan saw the message your boss sent you. He told him you weren't feeling well. So there's no need for you to go in to work today."

Of course, he did. The controlling bastard just can't help seem to help himself.

Mrs. Lucci caught me rolling my eyes and shook her head. "He meant well."

"Mhm," I hummed, unconvinced. "Sure."

When Mrs. Lucci left, I treated myself to a nice hot shower, before brushing my teeth, combing through the nest atop my head, and getting dressed.

It was pretty hot outside, the temperature along with the humidity rising. So I decided to wear a cropped tank top and a pair of biker shorts.

Even with the A.C blasting cool air throughout the entire apartment, I still felt like my skin was melting off my body.

I ended up going through the fridge and handing out a variety of flavored freeze pops since Tristan has his men wearing these hot ass suits.

Cyrus smiled. He's been a little hesitant around me ever since I impulsively cut the palm of my hand with a kitchen knife to get his boss' attention. So it's great to see him finally let his guard down.

"Grazie(Thank you)."

Walking back into the main area of the small apartment-style house, I sat on the couch and watched Mateo play with the toys in his playpen.

Mrs. Lucci made me some tea she said should help me with my headache. Which it did. After about an hour had passed, I was feeling like my old self again.

I spent some time with Katya and Mrs. Lucci. We talked and ate lunch together. I truly felt like I was a part of the family then.

And it was an absolute dread when they had to leave. I wanted them to stay longer but knew it was for the best. We didn't want Mr. Lucci or Dimitri to find me.

Feeling all alone, I fed and played with Mateo before putting him down for his nap. And then I spent a couple of hours in front of the TV.

I think I fell asleep while binge-watching Law and Order, because when I woke up from my nap it was dark outside and an entirely different show was playing.

I hadn't seen Tristan all day, so I wasn't expecting him to stop by. He had two bags in his hand. One with delicious-smelling food from Miko's wife's restaurant and another that looked like it had a box inside.

Watching him remove his shoes and set everything down on the counter, he immediately approached Mateo's playpen.

"Ciao, bambino(Hi, baby)," Tristan greeted his son with a smile, Mateo babbling with excitement as he stood onto his feet and gripped the rim of the playpen.