Who kill Kolivan

The next morning, Maria burst into the room.
‘Where are the babies?' she cried.
Keith sat up, knife in his hand, and Maria took a sudden step back.
Lance reached out and took the knife off Keith, and put it on the bedside table. Keith flopped back onto the bed.
‘Um, they stayed with Shiro and Adam,' Lance mumbled, tiredly. ‘Shiro will drop them off later.'
‘Sorry,' said Maria, ‘I panicked when I didn't find them in their beds.'
‘It's okay, mama,’ Lance mumbled. He lay back down and wrapped an arm around Keith. 'We got in late, and I didn't want to wake you.'
She watched him drift off to sleep, and left quietly.
Maria was making lunch when Lance came downstairs, his hair damp from his shower.
‘Morning, mama,' he said, kissing her cheek.
'Morning,' she replied. ‘Is Keith up?'
‘Yes, he'll be down in a minute,' said Lance. ‘Shiro is on his way with the kids.’
‘I feel stupid busting into your room this morning,’ Maria said.
‘It's fine, really,' Lance said.
‘Did you get everything you needed yesterday?' she asked.
‘We did, but you have to see this,' Lance said. He pulled out his datapad and showed her the photo of Jaya in his suit.
‘That's sooo cute,' she said. ‘Send it to me. Did you find Molly a dress?'
Lance nodded. ‘But she was asleep, so I haven't got a picture of it on her. It's upstairs in one of the bags.'
Keith joined them a few minutes later, with the passes for the ceremony in his hand.
'The Admiral will send a ship to pick you up around 6pm,' Keith said.
‘Oh, l expected we'd come with you,' Maria said.
Lance grimaced. ‘Be thankful you're not, there will be media everywhere and we have to fly in like some circus act.’
Outside, Black lion landed and Jaya came running inside, while Shiro carried Molly.
‘Keef,’ Jaya called, running to him.
‘Hey,’ said Keith, picking him up. ‘Did you have a good sleepover?’
‘Aha,’ said Jaya. ‘It was fun, went to a park.’
‘I bet Shiro went on a swing, didn't he,’ Keith said.
‘Aha,’ Jaya said, his grin widening. Jaya leant back and looked at Lance upside down. ‘Hi.’
Lance laughed. ‘Hi, you're full of energy.’ He started ticking Jaya, who shrieked and giggled.
When Keith's datapad began to ring, Lance took Jaya from him and met Shiro and Molly in the loungeroom, and they put the kids on the floor to play.
‘What,' hissed Keith into the datapad. Shiro and Lance turned to him. ‘Send me the information, and I'll get back to you soon.'
‘Baby, what's wong?’ asked Lance.
Keith glanced at Jaya. ‘Let's go outside.’ Keith's datapad pinged as they followed him outside, and he read what came though.
‘What's going?' asked Shiro.
‘I had Malay look into Kolivan's death, there was something wrong about it,’ said Keith. ‘She went back over the ship they found Kolivan in. She found a Garrison insignia wedged down beside the arm at the pilots seat.’
‘What, he was killed by someone from the Garrison?’ asked Lance.
‘There's only one person who would authorise that, and it's the Admiral,' Shiro said.
‘How could anyone from the Garrison kill someone like Kolivan anyway?’ asked Lance. ‘He's a trained assassin. Those idiots at the Garrison aren’t in his league.’
‘You need to find that out,' said Shiro. ‘Keith, you and Lance go check out the ship and see if you can find out anymore. Allura is set to sign that treaty tonight, and we can't let her if the Admiral is involved in Kolivan's death. I'll go and talk to her and Coran. You need to be back before the ceremony.’
Shiro ran back to Black lion, while Keith and Lance hurried back inside.
‘Mama, we have to go,’ Lance called out, as they ran upstairs.
Maria joined them upstairs, and watched from the doorway as they pulled out their Blade uniforms.
‘What's happened?’ she asked.
‘We have to go to the Blade Base to check on something,' said Keith. ‘We'll be back for the ceremony, but right now, we can't tell you what's going on.’
She nodded and left them alone to get changed.
When they came hurrying down stairs, Maria pushed a container of food into Lance's hands.
‘Thanks, mama,' he said.
‘Keef?' Jaya looked up at them.
‘We'll be back tonight, okay,' Keith said. Jaya nodded. ‘You look after Molly for us.’
‘I will,’ Jaya said, as he watched them leave.
Outside, Keith placed two fingers in his mouth and gave a shrill whistle. Seconds later, Kosmo appeared and took them to Keith's ship at the Castle.
Lance took a seat as Keith stood at the ships control and piloted them out of the hanger.
‘Blade ship, please inform us of your destination,' they heard over the radio.
‘Since when do we need to tell anyone where we're going?' asked Lance.
‘Blade ship, please respond.'
'Maybe someone's getting nervous,' Keith said.
‘Blade ship, there are fighters on an intercept course, please stop and remain where you are.’
‘Strap in,’ Keith said to Lance, who pulled that strap from the seat over his shoulders and clipped them in.
Kosmo when a wedged himself between Keith’s left leg, and the controls he stood at.
Shiro and Allura appeared on the screen, looking concerned.
‘Are you two okay?’ asked Shiro.
‘So far,’ Keith said.
‘I can’t believe they've sent fighters out after you,’ said Allura. ‘This makes me rethink makeing Earth a base for Voltron.’ She looked distraught.
‘Don’t give up yet,’ Princess,’ Keith said.
Suddnely, the Admiral appeared on the screen and Shiro and Allura muted themselves.
‘What are you doing?’ the Admiral demanded.
‘I have business with the Blade,’ Keith said.
‘Really, and why is McClain with you?’
‘I can use his skill on this.’
‘How is a blow job going to be helpful?’ snapped the Admiral. ‘Taking your fuck buddy along is not a good use of your time.’
Lance glanced at Keith, who gave the Admiral his death stare that would make the bravest person quake in their boots. The Admiral shifted in her seat, and glanced away.
‘Report to me when you get back,’ the Admiral said, and was gone from the screen. The fighters pulled away, and returned to Earth.
‘Stuipd bitch,’ Keith muttered.
‘Okay, that was eye opening,’ Shiro said.
‘Do you think this goes higher than her?’ asked Lance.
‘I’m going to find out,’ said Shiro. ‘I’ve known Rear Admiral Collins for a long time, so I’m going to have a word with him.’
‘Are you sure you can trust him?’ asked Allura.
‘We’re about to find out,' said Shiro. ‘Be careful you two.’