Unique Individual

By Friday, Jaya had settled into school and was looking forward to starting full days after the holidays, and Enya had started to take a bottle. There was a flurry of activity when everyone returned home from work and school at afternoon as they all packed and headed to New Altea for a couple of days. They others would all be arriving the next morning with Romelle.

Orson met them in the hanger and he was introduced to the rest of the McClains. They were shown to their rooms and told they were welcome to have a look around and dinner would be served at 8pm.

Keith and Lance had been given a suite which had two rooms and a living area.

'These are your rooms whenever you're here,' said Orson. 'We hope you will come an visit more often, so if you want to leave anything here, you're more than welcome.'

Orson looked at them hopeful.

'We'll certinaly try to come more often,' Keith said.

Orson nodded, happy that he got that much from them. Lance put Molly on the floor, and Jaya ran into the other room to have a look.

'How are things going with Allura?' asked Lance, putting their bag inside the door of the main bedroom.

'I honestly think I'm in for a doomed, loveless marriage,' said Orson. 'She is not receptive to me at all. I have no idea why she even chose me.'

'Can you pull out?' asked Keith. He sat on the floor with Enya and unwrapped her to let her stretch and wiggle around.

'I entered an agreement with King Alfor,' said Orson. 'I have to marry her, and produce two children.'

'The sucks,' said Lance. 'Do you at least have a friend you can confide in?'

'Most men my age are are helping to rebuild the community, so the opportunity to befriend someone is limited. We talk when I'm out there, but never as peers.' He went over and knelt next to Enya. 'Aren't you a beautiful little girl.' She blinked up at him trying to smile.

Molly pushed herself up and walked over to Orson. 'E'ya,' she said pointing to the kit.

'It is.' He looked at Keith. 'How are you coping with three kids?'

'Good, Jaya has been going to school in the mornings this week, so we've only had Molly and Enya home.'

Jaya came running out of the room and sat next to Orson.

'You liking school?' he asked Jaya.

'Aha. I made two friends and I'm learning how to play soccer,' Jaya said.

'Soccer?' asked Orson.

Jaya nodded. 'You have to kick a ball into a goal without the other team taking it from you, and you can't touch the ball with your hands.'

'That's sounds fun. Maybe you could show some of the kids here how to play.'

Jaya nodded. 'I brought a soccer ball.'

There was a knock at the door, and Lance went and answered it to find Allura standing there. She strode into the room, almost knocking into Lance.

She frowned. 'Why are you sitting on the floor, Orson?' She gave him a look is disdain.

'Sitting with Keith and the kids,' he said.

'And you think that is appropriate for a prince of Altea?' she demanded.

Keith grimaced. 'Get the pole out of your arse, Allura.' Orson's eyes widened. 'If you expect kids to sit nicely on a chair the you are delusional.' Lance joined Keith on the floor and Molly crawled into his lap giving Allura a pouty look.