Desperation

Keith watched Lance put on the black armour and had to admit it looked good on him. So good, it made him want to rip it all off again and jump him. He sighed. God, he wished he could control his hormones.

'Hey, baby, you okay?' asked Lance.

Keith nodded.

'You in pain?'

'No, but it hasn't happened today, so you better get going. You know what always follows.'

'Yeah, I do,' said Lance. 'I'll be as quick as I can, okay?' Lance kissed him. 'You have a more important job, taking care of our babies.' Keith clung to him. 'What's up? You've been out of sorts since we got here.'

'I don't know,' mumbled Keith. 'I just want to go home.'

'So do I, baby.' Lance hugging him tighter and whispered, 'as soon as we're done here, I'm taking you home, making love to you, and get you a smoothie.'

'Promise?'

'Promise.'

Lance kissed Keith again, causing Keith to purr and pull him closer.

'Ahem.'

Lance looked over Keith's shoulder to find Shiro standing there.'

'You need to get going, and Romelle suggests the other suit up to get used to the armour,' Shiro said.

'Take Malay with you,' Keith said, stepping away.

Lance looked as disappointed in their make out session being interrupted as he felt.

'Be there in a sec,' Lance said, and Shiro moved into the corridor.

Lance cupped Keith's cheek in his hand. 'I'll be back before you know it,' he said.

Pressing his cheek firmer into Lance's hand, Keith nodded.

The other three came in and they were helped into their armour for the first time, much to Veronica's embarrassment, then went back to the control room with Keith and Shiro and told where to sit.

They watched as Lance and Malay descended to the planet below.

It was a murky looking planet that consisted of mud, swamps and strange purple plants and trees. The atmosphere was breathable, but only just, so they were going to keep their helmets on and face shield in place.

'Are there any life forms on this planet?' asked Keith.

'I've not been able to detect anything,' said Romelle. 'However, there is an ion field over the planet that may be interfering with our sensors, which is strange, because we can still see and hear what is going on.'

'We heard growling when we were down there,' said Naran, 'but we didn't see the source.'

Malay: The cave is over in that grove.

They watched as Lance manoeuvred Black through the trees in the direction Malay indicated.

Malay: There.

Lance: Okay, I see it.

He landed Black on what looked to be solid ground as close to the cave as they could get, then picked up a blaster from the control panel in front of him and he and Malay made their way out of Black lion.

Lance: Okay let's do this.

The squelching sound their steps made in the mud as they made their way to the cave could be heard clearly to those in the control room.

Lance: This is disgusting. Why can't we ever go to a planet where there's a nice beach?

Keith smiled and shook his head.