Visiting Alfor

Lance came back from the bathroom the next morning as Keith suddenly sat up, a hand clamped over his month.

'Baby...' Lance leapt forward, grabbed the bin from beside the bed and shoved it at Keith just as he vomiting.

Lance hurried downstairs, grabbed bin liners and a glass of water.

'Lance what are you doing?' asked Maria.

'Keith's throwing up.' He ran back upstairs. Keith had nothing left in his stomach, but was dry retching.

'Here, rinse your mouth out,' Lance said, gently. He handed Keith the glass.

Placing the glass on the bedside table, Lance took the bin and replaced the liner with a new one as Keith lay down again with a groan.

Lance pushed Keith hair back from his sweaty face. 'Try and get some more sleep. Hopefully it will pass soon.'

'Hmm,' Keith said, closing his eyes and thankfully drifted off to sleep.

While Keith slept, Lance went outside and threw the bin liner away.

'How is he?' asked Maria when he returned.

'Asleep at the moment.' He sat at the table and helped himself to some breakfast Maria as placing out as the rest of the McClain clan started to filter downstairs.

Outside, Shiro and Adam arrived with the kids.

'Where's Keith?' asked Adam.

'In bed asleep. He has morning sickness.'

'Come and eat,' Maria said, waving them to the table.

'Keef sick?' asked Jaya, standing next to Lance's chair.

Lance picked him up and sat him in his lap. 'He'll be fine. It's just because of the baby, and can happen to some people.' He cut up some extra bacon on his plate and gave Jaya a folk.

Adam placed Molly in her high chair and given her a small bowl of scrambled egg.

When breakfast was finished, Lance went up to check on Keith to find him sitting up in bed, elbows on knees, and his face in his hands.

Lance sat on the bed next to him and rubbed his back gently.

'Feeling any better?'

'A little. I've at least stopped dry retching now.' He turned and slumped against Lance. Keith turned his face and nuzzled Lance's neck, breathing in deeply. 'You smell good, makes me feel better. The nausea is settling a bit.'

'Really?' Lance frowned.

'Mhm, I'd heard that a mate can settle it, but I didn't think it would work because you weren't Galran.' Keith closed his eyes and concentrated on Lance's scent.

This was how Adam and Shiro found them a few minutes later.

'How you feeling, Keith?' asked Shiro.

'Better,' he mumbled. He reluctantly turned his face and opened his eyes to find them looking at him worried. 'It's just morning sickness. You to look like I'm dying.' He reluctantly pulled away from Lance and stretched.

'We just wanted see you before we head off,' said Adam. 'Let us know what happens with Alfor.'

Keith nodded as he nuzzled his face back into Lance's neck.

'Ah, what are you doing?' asked Shiro, as Keith breaths in deep.

Lance blushed. 'Um, apparently my smell helps his nausea settle down. It's to do with us being mates.'