chapter fourteen

OLIVES POV:

I woke up this morning to Zayn holding a tray of waffles and fresh cut berries.

"Rise and shine sleeping beauty." He says with a smile.

"What's all this Z?" I question while rubbing my eyes and adjusting to the light pouring into the bedroom.

"Figured you could use a pick up." He smiled and sat down beside me.

We ate and talked for a little before I decided it was time for me to go home.

When I got there I was not expecting what I walked into.

My house was full of random men. Some dressed in suits and some dressed like they just crawled out of a storm drain. I was shocked to say the least.

"Olive, what are you doing home?" My dad asks.

"I got bored and decided I should come home. Is everything alright? Who are all these men?" I ask.

"Everything's fine, don't worry your pretty little head about it." He smiles.

"Hey Apollo where do you want this-" A voice booms from behind me. Why's Harry here?

"Olive?" He asks.

"Why the hell are you here?" I ask.

"Olive why don't you just go to your room. When I'm done with all of this how about we go to dinner?" My dad says.

"Yeah, okay that sounds good." I smile and walk up to my room.

"Oli, can we talk for a minute please?" Harry practically begs.

"Not now Harry. I'm still fucking pissed at you." I say without turning around.

"I'll be here when you're ready." He smiles as I close my bedroom door.

What the fuck is going on down there? It's not even the multitude of other people but why is Harry here?

My mind travels to that night at the carnival, when I saw Harry and all the boys with my dad, does this have something to do with what was going on?

I mean it would make sense in a way. My dad just doesn't go around punching my friends but him and Harry seemed pretty docile just a few moments ago.

Suddenly my phone starts ringing, Layla's calling so as usual I pick up my phone.

"Hey Layla-" I get cut off by the sound of her crying and yelling.

"Olive did you hear about what happened at the fire last night?" She cries.

"Um I'm guessing not why are you crying?" I ask.

"Someone was fucking shot Olive, she was shot dead right against a fucking tree." What the fuck is she talking about?

"Hold on a second, what did you just say?"

"I said someone was fucking shot Olive! Clean out your ears next time!" She huffs through the phone.

"Do you know who it was?" I ask.

"Some bitch in a striped shirt I guess. She had dark hair but I have no clue who she was." Layla says which instantly makes my heart stop.

Monica.

Monica was wearing a striped shirt last night.

"Layla, did you get her name at all?" I ask not sure I really want the answer.

"It started with an M but that doesn't matter, WE were at that bonfire last night! That could have been us instead of her!" Layla yells.

"But it wasn't us Layla, listen I've gotta go. I'll ask my dad about it more and get back to you okay?" I say before hanging up the phone.