Have You Offended Someone

“Lisa, come clean. Is your family crazily wealthy?” Yuna sounded jealous.

Lisa darted her a look and picked up her phone without batting her eyelashes. Right in front of Yuna, Lisa unlocked her phone, opened up WeChat, and accepted Ms. Song and I Am Huo Jiyong’s transfers. She could not look any more indifferent.

Yuna, “!!!”

Good god! She wanted to swap with her deskmate’s life. She would take away all of her money on WeChat, and more than that, she would keep Lisa’s wealthy parents to herself!

“Alas. Comparisons are odious.” After a moment, Yuna sighed, pretending to be sad. “How come I don’t have wealthy parents who would pamper me in this manner?”

Lisa tilted her head and casually fixed her bangs with her finger. Her crystal clear eyes glistened with enchantment. “Don’t be sad about your parents not being wealthy. You still have the chance to become a wealthy mother to spoil your daughter.”

“Pff!”

Yuna gave Lisa a thumb up. Anyone who said that her deskmate was an icy beauty was in the wrong. Listen to her. Lisa obviously had a clear mind and a sharp mouth.

Yuna thought of the rumors that she was hearing these days. She moved her butt closer to Lisa and adopted a more serious tone than before. “Anyways, there has been some gossip about you. Have you heard?”

Lisa asked in a normal voice. “What gossip?”

Yuna thought for a couple of seconds before replying. “Someone said that your academic scores are really poor, and you are not even as good as the students in the average classes. As per the rumour, you bribed someone, and that is how you got in here.”

No.1 Middle School was not like Desheng, the elite school next door. The students had to pass tough tests to get into No.1 Middle School and all of them were star students. The rules and principles of No.1 Middle School were really strict.

The Principal was a tough character, famous for being impartial and incorruptible. It sufficed to say that no one could pull any strings to get into No.1 Middle School.

However, in the rumors, Lisa was being depicted as the exception who had broken the rules of No.1 Middle School.

Truth be told, spreading the rumor in itself was not the worst thing that had happened. What mattered was that the rumor made it sound as if Lisa had sullied the reputation of the school.

During the past few days, Yuna had seen how Lisa’s parents would transfer money in her WeChat account every day. From this, it was not hard for Yuna to deduce that Lisa came from a rich household. It seemed that for Lisa… pulling strings was not entirely unlikely.

Of course, Yuna was unwilling to believe this rumor. After all, her deskmate’s perfect attitude in studying was fairly evident to her.

Yuna’s complicated emotions were evident all over her face. Lisa grinned and answered her with a question of her own. “Do you believe it?”

Yuna shook her head and said immediately, “Me? Of course not. The only thing you do all day long, is study. You are a big ol’ bookworm. Anyone else can get in here by bribing someone, but not you.”

Lisa broke into laughter at this comment and shook her head.

Yuna was such an innocent girl.

Lisa was completely unaffected by the rumor and Yuna sensed that. She said, “Why do I feel that you are not anxious at all, after listening to this?”

Generally speaking, when people heard that they were victims of slandering, anyone would be furious.

Lisa kept her gaze on Yuna and contemplated in silence. A few seconds later, she gave a brief response. “The wise do not buy rumors.”