Isn't Mr. Jeon Your Tutor

After the old lady regained consciousness, Lisa went back to the Huo residence.

By the time she arrived, it was 8:00 in the morning. Although Lisa turned up slightly later than usual from her run, Song Chaerin did not suspect that she had been out all night. She merely presumed Lisa ran for a longer time today.

Lisa did not tell Song Chaerin about it either. After going back to her room for a quick shower, she changed and took out a box from her wardrobe. She opened it to reveal dozens of bottles and removed a light blue porcelain one from the box.

Lisa placed the bottle in her bag and went downstairs immediately. She told Song Chaerin briefly about her grandmother’s situation and rejected their offer to visit her. Then she headed out in a hurry without even eating her breakfast.

Lisa arrived back at the hospital 20 minutes later.

But she caught sight of He Seohyung, Eunha, and an approximately 15 year old boy standing inside the ward’s door. She instinctively halted in her steps looking at them.

“Mom, why didn’t you tell us about your relapse? If the nanny didn’t call to tell me, I wouldn’t have found out about it,” said He Seohyung as she rubbed her forehead.

She was really upset but did not dare to speak harshly to her mother, considering her condition.

Yang Qiuhua sat on the bed with barely any color on her face. She seemed to dislike the people in the room and kept up an indifferent expression.

“I’m okay. I don’t need you since there are doctors and nurses here to take care of me. Carry on.”

Yang Qiuhua did not know when Lisa would come back. She was worried that if she bumped into these people, she would end up getting bullied again.

When He Seohyung heard her mother talking like this, she became annoyed and said, “Eunha and Minseok came to visit you with me the moment we found out you were hospitalized. Do you have to be so unreasonable towards all of us?”

Yang Qiuhua only looked out of the window without uttering a word.

He Seohyung felt helpless. She found it unfathomable why her mother kept going against her.

“Mom, calm down. Grandma can’t get upset,” said Eunha as she walked up to He Seohyung and shook her head.

Eunha turned to look at her grandmother before pulling up a chair nearby to sit by her bedside. Then she held the old lady’s hand and said gently, “Grandma, don’t get upset with Mom. She’s just very concerned about you.”

Eunha’s words helped He Seohyung calm down a little. Moreover, she was Yang Qiuhua’s biological granddaughter, so Yang Qiuhua was clearly no longer as stiff when she turned to look at Eunha but she still remained indifferent.

“I’m fine. Take your mother and brother with you and leave,” said Yang Qiuhua as she subtly pulled her hand out from her grasp.

Eunha withdrew her hand but continued persuading Yang Qiuhua gently. “How can doctors and nurses do a better job of caring for you than your family?”

Yang Qiuhua became instinctively agitated the moment she heard Eunha, so she retorted. “But I don’t need it. I have Li…” She realized midway that she had almost slipped up and swiftly held her tongue.

Unfortunately, He Seohyung already caught on and asked her furiously. “Are you hoping that Lisa will come?”

Yang Qiuhua looked elsewhere and replied in a casual manner. “So what if I do? You were such a bully towards her the last time!”

He Seohyung angrily laughed as she said, “Me? A bully? Don’t you know why I chased her away?”

But right after, she changed the subject and continued. “Fine. Since you’re so protective of her, then tell me does she know you’re sick? Did she come to the hospital to take care of you?”

He Seohyung pointed at Eunha and said, “No, she didn’t. Take a close look. Eunha is the one visiting you and taking care of you. She’s your real granddaughter!”

Yang Qiuhua’s face turned pale as she bit her lip. Eunha stood up at that moment and tugged at He Seohyung’s arm and said, “Mom, calm down. Since Grandma wants Lisa to take care of her, then we can call her over. Although Lisa isn’t Grandma’s biological granddaughter, they must have feelings for each other after living together for so long. Don’t get into a fight with Grandma on my account. We should focus on Grandma’s recovery instead.”

Eunha forcibly smiled before she turned to retrieve her phone from the purse.

He Seohyung felt even angrier when she heard her daughter. Seeing Eunha with her phone, she swiftly snatched it from her hand.

“Why are you calling her? Why are you so stubborn? You came here to take care of your grandmother after skipping an important official event. Why do you have to call that girl over? Are you naïve or plain stupid?” He Seohyung asked her disappointedly.

“Mom, it’s okay…” replied Eunha as she attempted to take her phone back. But when she looked up, she saw Lisa standing at the doorway. She was stunned.

The moment He Seohyung detected something amiss with Eunha’s expression, she glanced towards the door as well. She was caught by surprise too but she quickly composed herself and spoke with her face downcast. “What are you doing here?”

Yang Qiuhua had spotted Lisa as well and looked at her anxiously. She was unsure about how much of their conversation Lisa had heard. Out of fear that there might be a misunderstanding, Yang Qiuhua hurriedly said, “Lili stayed with me all through the night.”

“All night?” He Seohyung asked as she turned to look at the old lady with a look of disbelief on her face.

“Mom, are you saying this to help her? If she stayed with you all night, why didn’t you say so earlier?”

Now it was clear that Yang Qiuhua was hiding something from her daughter.

“Would you have believed me if I did? Would it change your mind about chasing Lili away?” Yang Qiuhua muttered almost to herself.

Yang Qiuhua merely wanted to convince them to leave before Lisa got here. She did not expect Lisa to come back so quickly.

When He Seohyung heard her mother, she couldn’t help but use a self-deprecating tone. “Am I such a terrible daughter to you?”

Yang Qiuhua averted her eyes and did not want to respond.

“Mom,” interrupted Eunha at this moment. She shook her head at He Seohyung before quickly walking over to the door to pull Lisa in.

In a pleasant tone, she said, “Lili, come on in quickly. Grandma has been waiting for you.”

Lisa glanced at Eunha indifferently and avoided her hand. She walked into the hospital ward before Eunha could touch her. Lisa went straight to the old lady’s bedside without saying anything to He Seohyung, either.

She looked at her grandmother and said rather calmly, “Didn’t I tell you not to get angry? Are you misbehaving again?”

Yang Qiuhua gazed at Lisa’s calm face and subconsciously cringed. She muttered softly. “I wasn’t getting agitated. I’m okay.”

Lisa cast her a thoughtful smile and said, “If you were fine, you wouldn’t have suffered a relapse last night.”

Yang Qiuhua did not dare to speak any further and looked at her meekly.

She was unafraid of anyone throwing a temper at her, except for Lisa.

Eunha lowered her eyes and clenched her fists when she witnessed this scene. No matter how well she performed in front of the old lady, it seemed Yang Qiuhua did not give a damn about her.

Eunha genuinely loathed Lisa.

Minseok had been quietly playing with his phone all this time without saying a word, but he suddenly looked up at Lisa and a look of surprise surfaced in his eyes.

Was this still that stupid and cowardly big sister of his?

Minseok was He Seohyung’s favorite child. Since a young age, he had always been a bright child. In the Lu family, almost everyone pampered him dearly. Hence, he developed a willful personality and treated everyone rudely. He was now a classic arrogant and ill-bred young man from a rich and powerful family.

Minseok and Lisa had barely seen each other since they did not grow up together. When He Seohyung occasionally sent for Lisa to come home during the Chinese New Year, the willful Minseok would take the opportunity to bully and frame her.

Most of the members of the Lu family detested Lisa because of Minseok.

“Hey, you coward. Why didn’t you greet me when you came in?” asked Minseok arrogantly as he placed his phone in his pocket.

Lisa did not even bother to look in his direction. She merely turned around to take a clean glass and poured some water in it. Then she put the medicine she brought from home into the glass at an angle which was hidden from everyone.

Minseok walked around the table to reach Lisa. He said, “Hey, I’m talking to you! Are you deaf?”

Eunha’s lips twitched when she witnessed this. She appeared to eagerly wait for Minseok to make trouble for Lisa.

The glass swirled in Lisa’s hand for a moment. Then she turned around as though Minseok was not there and handed the water to the old lady. She said, “Drink some water.”

Minseok was terribly annoyed about being ignored. He raised his hand to snatch the glass from Lisa just as his grandmother was about to take it and said, “Lu Lisa, how dare you…”

But suddenly Minseok sensed a pain on his wrist before he could finish his sentence. He was swiftly yanked so hard that he staggered and fell on the ground. When he looked up to see Lisa’s frosty eyes, he instinctively shivered.

“Didn’t your mother teach you any manners?” asked Lisa as she towered over Minseok with a cold light glinting in her deep eyes.

Despite her soft tone, a threatening aura radiated from her.

Fear ran through Minseok’s heart as though he was a tiger’s prey. Despite the pain in his wrist, it could not compare to the panic that Lisa’s eyes were sending to his veins. He mumbled in a trembling tone. “Let… Let me go.”

When Lisa saw how cowardly Minseok had turned out to be after he was outdone, she sneered at him contemptuously. “Don’t be a bully if you don’t have the guts. You’re such a wimp.”

Then she let go of Minseok’s hand.

Minseok’s face had turned ghastly pale. There was something hovering at the tip of his tongue as he held his aching wrist, but he did not dare to speak up. It seemed as though he had gotten quite a shock.

Eunha composed herself and glanced at Minseok before walking over to stand in front of him.

She said gently, “Lisa, how can you hurt a kid? Minseok used to be your little brother after all!”

Lisa raised her brow as her eyes landed on Eunha’s face. She playfully laughed and said, “Are you acting like a loving sister coming to her little brother’s aid now?”

Eunha frowned. “You…”

Minseok shoved Eunha aside before she could finish her sentence. He was already incredibly embarrassed by Lisa and felt that Eunha was only worsening the matter. In the end, he glared at Lisa furiously and left the room in a huff.

Eunha felt somewhat embarrassed by his actions and stood stockstill.

Moments later, Minseok came back to the door and said, “Mom, why are you still hanging around here? If someone wants to take care of Grandma, then leave her to it.”

Saying so, he turned to leave for good without bothering to look back.

Since He Seohyung had always indulged her son, she chased after him, not even stopping to reprimand Lisa.

Eunha was left behind to suffer the mortification all alone in that moment.

Since He Seohyung and Minseok had left, Eunha naturally had no reason to stay, so she found an excuse and left awkwardly as well.

After they left, the old lady quickly looked at Lisa and explained. “Lili, I didn’t tell them that you visited me at first because…”

Lisa handed over the glass of water to Yang Qiuhua and interrupted her calmly. “I get it. I’m not angry. You don’t have to be so nervous.”

Yang Qiuhua instantly felt relieved. She took a sip of water and realized that it was her usual medication. She could not help looking up at Lisa in surprise. “Did you go back to get my medicine?”

Lisa replied nonchalantly. “Mhm.”

She pulled a chair over with her foot and sat down lazily before she continued. “Why haven’t you been taking the medicine which I gave you?”

Yang Qiuhua tightened her grip on the glass subconsciously. Her eyes wandered around the ward without daring to look straight at Lisa as she replied. “I did take them…”

Lisa smiled ambiguously looking at Yang Qiuhua without saying a word.

This smile of Lisa’s terrified Yang Qiuhua the most. Although she had already come up with an excuse, she could not bring herself to say it and was defeated by Lisa’s imposing presence. She sighed and continued softly. “I didn’t purposely skip the medicine. The pills disappeared.”

Lisa tapped on the armrest with a look of languor in her eyes. A few seconds later, she said indifferently, “The Lu family must have taken them.”

Yang Qiuhua nodded after a long time. She knew it was impossible to hide anything from Lisa.

“Fine, forget about it. Let’s talk about why you suddenly suffered a relapse last night,” said Lisa softly. It sounded as though she was talking about something mundane.

But Yang Qiuhua knew this nonchalance was a sign that Lisa was already very angry. Yang Qiuhua went quiet for a while before she smiled bitterly and said, “I called up Seohyung because the pills had gone missing. Other than the nanny and me, she was the only other person who might have known about their whereabouts.”

Despite her vague response, it was evident what had transpired. Lisa rubbed her forehead. She sighed helplessly and said, “You can call me directly when you run out of the medicine the next time.”

Yang Qiuhua hung her head and concealed the sadness in her eyes.

Lisa did not badger her any longer. Instead, she changed the subject and asked her in confusion. “What’s up with Jungkook? Why did he end up sending you to the hospital last night?”

Yang Qiuhua was surprised by how Lisa addressed him. But she replied with a nod. “I might have accidentally dialed his number when I had a relapse. Little Mr. Jeon is such a kind man. You must give him my thanks.”

She mentioned nothing about how lonely she felt in this unfamiliar city. She could not rely on her daughter, and her dearest granddaughter now had a family of her own. Jungkook was the only other person she knew here, the only person she could call.

“Little Mr. Jeon?” Lisa asked as she tilted her head with a look of befuddlement. “Why are you referring to him as a teacher?”

“Erm… Isn’t he your tutor?” Yang Qiuhua asked her in surprise.

Lisa blinked. Although she was unaware of why Yang Qiuhua misunderstood their relationship, it saved her a lot of explaining, so she acknowledged it. “Yes, he’s my tutor.”

When Yang Qiuhua heard Lisa, she unsuspectingly sighed and said, “He’s a pretty good tutor. You used to be at the bottom rung in school all the time, but he turned your grades around drastically. Lili, you must invite him over for dinner so that we can thank him properly.”

Lisa, “…”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
LU MINSEOK

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please tell me if there are any mistakes and if you enjoy this chapter do consider voting..