Did She Have To Embarrass Her Brother?

Namjoon ignored his little sister’s bemused expression. He walked out of the door and checked both on the left and right, but the black car was nowhere to be seen.

Lisa touched her nose and was bewildered. She turned her head and looked at Namjoon. “Brother Namjoon, what car, what strange person are you talking about?”

“I saw everything!” sneered Namjoon as he walked back.

“Saw what?” Lisa paused before she recalled. “Are you talking about the car I came home in?”

Namjoon nodded. “Yes! There was a guy!” That was the problem.

He contemplated before adding. “The car was parked outside our door for at least ten minutes.”

Sigh! Now she knew what her second older brother was talking about.

Lisa shrugged, throwing her palms in the air. She looked at him without any pretence. “Would you believe it if I said that he is just a friend?”

“Of course, I trust you.” But he did not trust an outsider.

After all, his little sister was pretty, adorable, and innocent. What if she ended up being stolen by some evil pig?

Lisa nodded. “Good. Then let’s go inside.”

Saying so, she walked into the villa with firm steps.

Namjoon was stunned. That was it?

Was she not going to explain herself?

Namjoon glanced outside once more before he closed the door and followed her.

After they entered the villa…

“Lili, you’re back.” Huo Jiyong did not overthink things like his son when he saw his daughter come in.

“Dad, why haven’t you gone to bed yet?” Lisa poured herself a drink.

“I was waiting for you to come back.” Huo Jiyong yawned before he continued. “I’m going to bed now. Have an early rest.”

After Huo Jiyong took two steps, he turned to look at Namjoon and wondered why he looked so angry.

But, the next second, he shook his head and went upstairs.

Lisa took a sip of water. Ever since she had walked in, she could sense her second older brother’s eyes following her movement.

She put down the glass and pressed her forehead helplessly. She said, “Brother Namjoon, behaving like this will only drive us apart.”

Namjoon said, “There’s a way we can avoid this.”

Lisa glanced at him and didn’t react.

She found him immensely annoying. These words inexplicably rose in Namjoon’s mind when he caught sight of the look in her eyes.

He cleared his throat before walking over to her. “From now on, you have to come home by 8:00 pm.”

“It’s not safe for a little girl to be out at night. When you go out, you can call me to pick you up,” continued Namjoon.

Lisa looked at him quietly.

Initially, Namjoon had felt rather justified in his actions, but he suddenly lost his stance when Lisa gave him an unfathomable look. His eyes flitted away as he said, “In any case, you can’t take rides from unknown men.”

Lisa shook her head. “Brother Namjoon, I’m heading up to my room.”

She did not feel like explaining anything further nor did she want to listen to him ramble on.

She turned to go upstairs but Namjoon followed behind her. “Lili, listen. There are too many bad people in society. You are too young. Don’t get lured by some sweet-talking men.”

Lisa walked quicker and was speechless.

“…”

“Also, I wanted to tell you a long time ago. Stay far away from those stupid boys at school. They are up to no good…”

Namjoon kept nagging as he followed Lisa to her room. His voice only stopped abruptly when the door closed in his face.

Namjoon: “…”

Was it easy being an older brother?

....

Before long, it was time for the second episode of ‘Countryside Life With My Family’ to be shot.

Filming was taking place in the same village in Ren County.

Lisa was dressed in sportswear again, so Taehyung also wore activewear from the same brand to compliment his little sister. Since both of them were tall and lean, they looked cool standing together. It made for a perfect picture.

Lisa naturally wore a black mask and attracted more attention than Taehyung owing to her mysterious appearance.

They arrived at the filming location at 9:30 am.

Yin Dongwook, Sungjae, and Suzy’s teams had arrived as well.

The live stream started on time.

After greeting everyone, the host wasted no time and told everyone about their mission for the morning.

The production team brought out four wicker baskets.

The moment Yin Dongwook saw the wicker baskets, he said, “I can’t help thinking about how V’s little sister caught the chickens in the last episode.”

Lisa’s lips twitched when she heard him talk about her.

The host laughed. “Uncle Yin, you’re right. These are the same wicker baskets, but we are using them for something different this time.”

Suzy looked at the camera and sighed dramatically. “It looks like we are going to spend the day getting tortured by the production team yet again.”

Sungjae added with a resigned shrug. “You’re right.”

“I’m going to pretend that I didn’t hear what you said,” reacted the host angrily.

He took out waterproof gear from the wicker basket and said, “This is for today’s mission.”

Yin Dongwook walked over and asked him with a straight face. “What’s this? A diving suit?”

The host: “…”

[HAHAHA! Diving equipment? I can see the host’s face cracking.]

[Uncle Yin’s family seems to consist of great talkers.]

[Host: This job is tough.]

The host gathered his thoughts and looked at Yin Dongwook hard before he continued. “That’s right. This is diving… Ptooey… waterproof gear.”

“You’ll be wearing it to harvest lotus roots this morning. The first team to fill up the wicker basket wins.”

Yin Dongwook’s shoulders drooped. “This mission is even harder than killing chickens. The production team really won’t give up until they torture all of us to death.”

The host looked at Yin Dongwook quietly. A few seconds later, he placed the largest wicker basket before Yin Dongwook. “Congrats! You just succeeded in sabotaging yourself.”

Yin Dongwook was dumbstruck. “…”

[HAHA! The host is number one at taking revenge.]

[Uncle Yin: I shouldn’t have been such a smart mouth!]

Before long, all four teams changed into waterproof gear. They followed the professional lotus root farmers and walked for about ten minutes to reach a huge lotus pond.

Four small boats were already awaiting the filming crew.

Prior to the start of the mission, everyone spent some time learning how to harvest lotus root before each team went on their way.

Lisa pulled her long hair into a bun before she adjusted her mask. She turned to look at Taehyung. “Have you learned how to do it?”

Taehyung nodded. Even if he failed to grasp it, he had to say that he did.

His fans were laughing at him till now about the chicken slaughtering incident in the first episode. Hence, he was determined not to burden his little sister this time around.

Lisa failed to notice his nod and said unhurriedly, “It doesn’t matter. Just hold the wicker basket properly.”

She had already experienced Taehyung’s lack of abilities firsthand.

Taehyung: “…”

Did she have to embarrass him like this?

The lotus pond was not particularly deep, but it was hard to walk through the mud.

After taking two steps, Taehyung had already got stuck twice. Lisa ended up coming back to help pull him out.

“Follow me. Don’t step in the deep sections of the pond and don’t stand in the same spot for too long,” instructed Lisa as she pulled Taehyung’s arm. At this moment, she looked like the older brother, while Taehyung was the baby sister.

Taehyung felt absolutely miserable.

Inside the live stream room…

‘[HAHAHA! V’s little sister is the best. She is becoming more and more like a domineering CEO.]

[Did you see how stunned V looked? It was adorable.]

[V, you have to be strong. You’re her older brother. Or else, your image is gone!]

[Little Sis: You’re only capable of riding on my success!]

[Miss Huo is brilliant! Little Master Huo, hurry up and follow closely behind your older sister!]

[Oh my. Just listen to this guy calling them Miss Huo and Little Master Huo.]

Lisa pulled Taehyung for some distance before she said, “Let’s start picking lotus root here.”

Lisa reached her hand into the mud and pulled out an entire lotus root before long.

Taehyung was caught by surprise. “Wow, you’re great. You did it so effortlessly.”

It sure looked easy.

Lisa raised her brow. Despite the mask, the confidence on her face was evident.

Taehyung suddenly turned to look at the camera next to him and said, “If my little sister can do it, I’m sure I can too. Trust me!”

[HAHAHA! Yes, we sure as hell trust you!]

[We are sure you’re going to botch it.]

[We are certain you’ll end up slapping your own face.]

Taehyung mimicked his little sister and bent over to reach into the mud. He felt the lotus stem and quickly pulled hard.

But, not even the lotus tip could be seen, let alone the lotus root.

Taehyung twitched his lips but did not dare to look into the camera. He merely muttered. “It’s normal to fail the first time. I’m sure I’ll get it right now.”

After several tries, all Taehyung managed to pull out were lotuses. Before long, the villager said, “My boy, please let off my crop. I still have to use it to make a living.

Taehyung: “…”

Sure enough, this entertainment program was out to get him.

[Taehyung, please stay put and help your little sister carry the wicker basket. If this goes on, you are going to lose the fans.]

[I can sense his desperation through the screen.]

[She sure is a farmer. All this work comes to her so naturally.]

In the end, Taehyung gave up altogether. How did it matter if he carried the wicker basket? It was not his first time riding on his sister’s success anyway.

Taehyung was incapable of even carrying the wicker basket 30 minutes later because it was packed.

Lisa saw how tiring it was becoming for Taehyung to carry the basket. He had almost tripped a few times in the lotus pond. She shook her head quietly. She rinsed the mud off her hands before reaching out to take the wicker basket.

Taehyung watched her carry the wicker basket to the shore effortlessly.

Taehyung was flabbergasted. “…”

It seemed as though it was a completely different wicker basket.

After reaching the shore, Lisa handed their lotus roots to the production team. She looked at the other teams to see that they were still at it.

Yin Dongwook’s team was slightly faster. But Suzy’s team had only managed to pick three pathetic lotus roots, and all of them were broken.

Lisa and Taehyung borrowed a bench from the production team and sat by the lotus pond watching them work.

The sight was so beautiful that all the viewers almost burst out laughing.

It was already 12:00 pm when the other teams completed the mission. Suzy’s team stood last as expected.

The team that came in last had to cook this time around.

Suzy and Jiwon were stunned since they had never cooked in their entire lives.

However, they eventually managed to whip up something for lunch with Yin Dongwook and Sungjae’s help.

Lisa did not help out in the kitchen. She found it boring to sit around in the yard, so she asked the production team for a pen and paper. She sat at the table lazily to work on a Physics problem.

This question had been sent by the Tsing University Physics professor to her yesterday. Since they exchanged numbers when she was in the National Quiz Contest, he texted her different questions time to time.

The production team did not plan on focusing on Lisa. However, many people asked what Lisa was doing, so the host walked over to her.

“Are you revising?”

Following the host’s voice, the cameraman gave Lisa a close-up.

The piece of paper was filled with equations which looked incomprehensible at the first glance.

“Oh god. I’m completely lost. Are middle school questions so hard these days?” The host craned his neck and looked at the paper for some time. He was stunned.

The live stream room exploded with comments once more.

[Why is she doing revision now? She is clearly trying to create hype!]

[HAHA! I don’t understand it. I highly suspect I’m not in middle school.]

[That looks like a first-year question from Tsing University’s Physics department. Isn’t she in middle school? Why is she doing that?]

[Although I don’t understand the question, her handwriting is lovely.]

[That’s right! It’s a freshman question, and she got it right. If she didn’t have the answer from before, it makes her pretty impressive.]

Taehyung took out his phone and looked at the comments in the live stream room. He lowered his head and asked his little sister. “Is this a freshman level question?”

“Uh huh.” Lisa acknowledged softly without looking up.

Taehyung touched his nose. He should have gotten accustomed to what a genius his little sister was.

Before long, Lisa finished answering the question. She took a picture and sent it to the Physics professor.

Suzy and the others had finally finished making lunch and were bringing the cutlery over. Suzy saw the host standing next to Lisa, so she walked up to them after setting the stuff on the table.

“Hmm? What’s going on?”

The host raised his head and looked at Suzy before he sighed. “Youngsters are amazing these days. She can even do freshman level Physics questions. It’s incredible.”

A strange expression emerged on Suzy’s face before she acted shocked as she said, “Are you serious?”

She paused before she smiled and said, “My cousin happens to be a Physics freshman.”

Jiwon walked out with the plates and looked at her cousin quizzically when she heard her saying that she was a Physics major.

Lisa wanted to remain low-key, so she ignored Suzy. She crushed the paper into a ball and wanted to throw it away.

But Suzy hurriedly said, “Since Jiwon is a Physics undergrad, why don’t you show her your question so that she can give you a hand?”

Suzy turned her head and looked at her cousin. She said, “Miaomiao, I remember your grades for Physics are good, right?”

Jiwon replied modestly. “They are so-so.”

Suzy raised her brow. “Why don’t you help her solve the question?”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please tell me if there are any mistakes and if you enjoy this chapter do consider voting..