00

October 31st, 1978

October 31st, 1978

Elisandra Gwydion sat in bed on a stormy night while her daughter lay asleep in her bassinet. Rain drops hit the window rapidly as the storm passed through Godric's Hollow. She was waiting for her husband, Sirius Black, to get back from his outing with his fellow Mauraders.

The thunder seemed to be getting worse as the storm weighed down on the town. Elisandra got up and looked out the window, beginning to worry about where her lover could be in this storm. "Where are you Sirius", she whispered to herself.

Black clouds began to form in the sky as a wave of darkness came over her as she sensed something dangerous was coming. Out of the corner of her eye, Elisandra saw a dark figure slowly approaching the house. The figure looked up towards the window at Elisandra. She could feel the darkness this figure possessed as images flashed through her mind and red, glowy magic began to flow from her hands.

She rushed down the stairs from the bedroom to see the figure just inside the front door. Black smoke began to form around the figure as Elisandra watched the figure turn into a menacing looking man. Red magic glided around both her hands as she stared down at the man from the stairs. "Who the hell are you", she asked as her eyes stayed trained on his movements.

The man smiled sinisterly, "I'm quite surprised you haven't heard of me but I sure have heard about you Ms. Gwydion."

He began to take a step closer before Elisandra raised her hand, the red magic glowing brighter as the man continues to talk. "Yes, yes, the magic within you is strong just as I suspected", he said.

"How do you know my name? Who are you?", Elisandra asked as she kept an ear out for her daughter.

The man looked her in the eyes and she was appalled at what he looked like. His skin was pale and he had a skull-like face with snake-like slits for a nose. He was quite thin and taller than Elisandra but she had confidence that she could gain control over this situation.

"My name is not of the concern right now. I worry that there is a being, much stronger than I could be. With the power of chaos and the ability to make my plans for the future very difficult. That being, Ms. Gwydion, is known as the Scarlet Witch."

Elisandra could feel the breath in her throat halt as he talked. How could this man know about her legacy? About who she was to become?

"By your face I can sense that you know who I am talking about. I can feel the power coursing through your veins. You are a very powerful woman, Ms.Gwydion. Therefore, in order for my plans to pull through, you must die.", the man said.

At that moment, Elisandra knew what she had to do. She had to protect her family and stop this man from doing anything horrible. She looked the man up and down before focusing on his face, "I'd like to see you try", she said before aiming at the door and throwing red balls of magic at it. She threw the door at the man before rushing up the stairs to the bedroom and locking the door. Her baby was crying loudly as Elisandra panicked at what was happening.

Before she could put a magic barrier on the door she heard a scream before the door was ripped off the hinges. The man flew into the room, wand in his hand, and began to start a curse to throw at Elisandra before he saw the baby in the room.

"So you've already secured that your legacy will pass on. Well, I hope Mr. Black won't miss both the women in his life too much", he said before raising his wand in the direction of the baby.

"No!", Elisandra screamed before throwing red orbs of magic at the man repeatedly. At this moment, she knew this man was more powerful than she thought. She knew she had to do everything in her power to save her child. With one hand throwing magic at the man, she raised her other hand at her daughter as red magic began to flow around the bassinet. She harnessed all her power and focused it into saving her baby's life.

As the magic flowed, a tear escaped Elisandra's eye as her daughter screamed and cried. She knew in this moment that this would be the last time she saw her baby girl. She could feel her body draining of energy as every last drop of magic flowed out of her hand and over towards her daughter.

A yell caught her attention as she looked towards the man and saw him fighting back against her magic as she was getting weaker. He snickered as she began to tremble and lose her balance, "Love is always a weakness Ms. Gwydion.", he said as she fell to the ground, weak and powerful.

"And for that, you will die", the man said before aiming at her weak body and saying the last two words Elisandra would hear, "Avada Kedavra!", as a burst of green magic shooter at her body, killing her instantly.

The man peered over at the baby. A red barrier was surrounding the child as it cried. He walked up to the barrier and tried to break it open. Just as the barrier was about to crack he heard a yell from outside and flew out of the bedroom window, disappearing from the scene.

A man with shaggy brown hair comes into view as he runs up the stairs into the bedroom. He sees the curtains of the window flowing before looking at the red magic surrounding his daughter. Before he can walk over to his baby, he sees his lifeless wife on the floor and drops down beside her as he cries for his family.

"No, no, no", he whimpers as he rocks Elisandra's lifeless body with his, holding onto her for the last time.

Another man rushes into the bedroom and gasps at the scene displayed before him. "She's gone Mooney. He took my wife from me", Sirius cries to his friend. A tear escapes Remus's eye as he watches his best friend suffer the loss of his loved one. Out of the corner of his eye, he notices the red aura surrounding the baby who was now fast asleep with red magic around her like a blanket.

Remus walks up to the bassinet and looks over at Sirius, "We know who did this Sirius. He would have killed little Ellie too if it weren't for Elisandra's magic. He'll be after Ellie next."

Sirius musters up the strength to let go of his lifeless wife and stand next to his friend at the bassinet. He looks down at his baby girl sleeping peacefully.

"Oh Ellie. My baby Ellie", Sirius whimpers.

As dreadful as this night was, a world filled with chaos, magic, and darkness was awaiting.