01

~13 Years Later~

~13 Years Later~

"Hurry up Ellie or we'll both be late to the train!", Remus Lupin called up to his niece as he finished packing up the last couple of items he needed for his new job. Suddenly he heard a loud crash from above him, "I'm almost ready!"

Ellie Gwydion was upstairs pacing frantically around her bedroom trying to finish up packing for her first year at Hogwarts. Ever since her mothers death and her fathers arrest, she had been secluded to her home as she learned to deal with her new-found powers from when she was a baby. Due to having trouble controlling her magic, Remus confined her to the house to keep her safe, but now she was finally able to leave the home and begin a new chapter in her life.

Remus walked up the stairs and stood in the girls bedroom doorway to see red strings of magic carrying different items of Ellie's and stacking them neatly into her trunk. A small vase was broken on the floor by her bed which must have been the cause of the loud crash he heard downstairs. Remus sighed before knocking on the door frame, gaining the young red heads attentions. "You know you could have asked me to help you pack up. You don't need to use your magic for every little thing and you must be careful with using your magic, especially when we get to Hogwarts. Your father asked me to keep you safe from any danger and anything could happen out there Ellie."

Ellie turned towards her Uncle with a small smile, "I know and I promise you that I won't use my magic at Hogwarts, or I'll at least try no to. I'm just really excited to finally get out there and meet new people and learn new spells and potions and just everything. And I promise that I will keep my emotions in check. I don't want anything bad to happen and I don't want to end up hurting anybody", she said as her eyes notice the red scar on her Uncle's arm.

Remus notices this and sighs before stepping closer to his niece and pulling her in for a hug, "That was an accident dear and you know that. I don't blame you for what happened but we need to be extra careful once you're around others", he said before releasing her. Ellie nods her head before turning around and raising her hands and stopping her magic in her room. She turns back around and smiles, "I just have a couple more things to get and then I'll be down. Oh, have you figured out a plan for every month? I'm not the only one you should be worried about you know."

"I've already spoken with Dumbledore and we have an arrangement set up. Don't worry about me now. I want you to focus on your studies and most importantly I want you to have fun. You have so much to experience out there. Now, hurry up and let's get out of here", he says before leaving to go back downstairs.

Ellie quickly turns around and stuffs the last few items she needed into her trunk before lugging it down the stairs, ready to start her new adventure.

An hour later, the two finally arrive at King's Cross Station. Ellie can't help but be amazed at the scenary and all the people with their trunks and belongings. They reach a wall that is in between platforms nine and ten as Ellie watches a family one-by-one run up to the wall and disappear through it. She gasps and looks up at Remus, "How is that possible?", she asks in amazement as Remus chuckles at her, "You're the one with magic coursing through your veins and you're asking how that is possible?"