20

The owlery was quiet except for the occasional hoot and flapping of wings as owls flew to and from out of the tower delivering mail. Ellie looked out of the tower as the stars in the night sky shone bright casting a small light through the owlery. Ellie sighed before looking back down at the blank piece of parchment and quill in her hand before beginning to write her letter. 

Dad, 

I'm hopeful that things are well for at least one of us. I'm sure you've seen the papers by now and I understand if you're mad at me but you have to realize that I couldn't have just stood there and watch the horror that was happening at the World Cup. I have these powers for a reason and if I can use them for anything I want to use them to help people. I know it was dangerous and a risky move to expose myself but can it really be that bad now that it's out there? Keeping this a secret was growing harder and harder for me and now I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. 

That's enough about that for now though. How are you doing? How is Buckbeak? I miss you both terribly. I hope you're staying safe and hidden. School is getting pretty interesting already. The Triwizard Tournament is being held at Hogwarts this year and I'm interested to see who will be competing. There's also a new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, Mad-Eye Moody. He's a strange man and I get weird vibes from him but he says he knew mom and of our powers. I'm hoping I won't have many more strange encounters with him. 

Please write back whenever you can and I hope I can see you soon. 

Love, 

Ellie

Ellie folded up the letter and placed it in an envelope before walking over to one of the owls and handing it to the creature. The owl took the letter in its beak before flying out of the tower and disappearing into the night. She walked down the spiral staircase of the tower and made her way back to the girl's dormitory. 

The next day classes seemed to fly by as everyone was now gathered in the Great Hall waiting to hear the announcement of who would be competing in the Triwizard Tournament. Students from all three schools were buzzing with excitement as Ellie made her way to the table where Harry, Ron and Hermione sat along with the twins. She smiled at them as she took her seat in between Fred and George immediately feeling a hand grab hers as she looked up and smiled at George. She had noticed that he had been more attached to her lately than normal as he scooted closer to her on the bench leaving little to no room between the two of them. Nonetheless she enjoyed the extra company and being this close to him as she leaned her head on his shoulder. As the students kept bustling into the hall and cramming to find a seat she noticed a hand waving at her as she looked towards and saw Cedric waving at her with a smile. She politely waved back before turning to face the front of the hall as Professor Dumbledore took a stand beside the goblet not noticing the frown on George's face.