06

As all of the students laid in their sleeping bags in the Great Hall, Ellie realised how late it had become as it was pitch black outside. She heard Dumbledore talking with Filch, Flitwick and Snape as they told him that all the gates were locked and the school was basically on shut down. "There's no sign of Black or anyone else lingering", Snape said as Ellie watched from her sleeping bag next to George. She peeked her head out as she watched them walk about the Great Hall as the students slept. "I didn't really expect him to linger."

"Remarkable feat, don't you think? To enter the Hogwarts castle alone and completely undetected", Snape remarked. "Any theories on how he might have managed it?"

"Many. Each as unlikely as the next."

"You may recall, prior to the start of term, I did express concerns about your appointment of Professor Lupin", Snape said earning an eye roll from Ellie. She fought the urge to send a shock of magic at Snape for speaking ill of her Uncle. "Not a single professor inside this castle would help Sirius Black to enter it. No, I'm quite convinvced this castle is safe and I'm more than willing to send the students back to their houses."

"What about Potter? Should he be warned?"

"Perhaps, but for now let him sleep. For in dreams, we enter a world that's entirely our own. Let him swim in the deepest ocean or glide over the highest cloud", she heard Dumbledore say before they both left the Great Hall. Burying her face under her blanket, her back facing George, she brought her hand up to her face and concentrated as a small string of red magic danced around her fingers. 

The next morning, Ellie sat in Defense Against the Dark Arts as they waited for Lupin to show up to class. She knew the night before was a full moon and there was a chance that he wasn't going to make it. She just hoped that it was an easy one for her Uncle and that he wasn't in too much or any pain. "Did you sleep alright last night?", George asked her making her look to her side to see him just sitting down in the chair next to her. She smiles and nods her head, "As best as I could have slept in a sleeping bag on the floor", she said making them both laugh lightly before the door swung open revealing Professor Snape. With his cloak flowing behind him he used his wand to shut all the windows and made his way to the front of class and pulled down the projector screen. 

"Turn to page 394."

Ellie pulled her book out from her bag and quickly found the page. She was surprised to see that the page had a picture of a werewolf on it and immediately looked up at Snape with a look of shock. She knew about Snape brewing her Uncle wolfsbane potions to help with his transition every full moon and it was the one thing she didn't hate about the deep voiced professor. Why would he be teaching us about werewolves now, she wondered to herself.

"Excuse me, sir. Where's Professor Lupin?", Harry asked as Snape began to walk around the classroom. "That's not really your concern, is it, Potter? Suffice it to say that your professor finds himself incapable of teaching at the present time. Turn to page 394", Snape said while going back up to the front of the class.