03

Ellie looked in awe as she wandered around the the girl's dormitory and started unpacking her trunk

Ellie looked in awe as she wandered around the the girl's dormitory and started unpacking her trunk. While she put her clothes in her wardrobe she finally came across her book that her mother left her when she passed. This book was the key to helping Ellie understand her powers and she had probably read it over a bunch of times. This book was the last thing she had left of her mother and she cherished it so much. Ellie looked around to make sure nobody was in the dorm before lifting the book out of her trunk and placing it in her bedside night stand. She then put an invisible barrier around the book to ensure that if anybody went snooping nobody would find it.

Footsteps began to ascend the stairs to the dorm as Ellie quickly shuts the drawer and faces the door to see Hermione enter. "Did you need any help unpacking?"

Ellie smiled at the girls politeness, "I'm just about finished actually but thank you Hermione", she said before zipping up her trunk. Hermione sits down on her bed, opposite from Ellies, and gives the red head a smile, "I noticed you've got the attention of a certain twin already", she says.

Ellie immediately feels a blush rise to her cheeks as she thinks of George. He had been so sweet to her earlier and she wasn't quite used to this kind of attention. "He is quite nice", she says while playing with her fingers and looking down with a smile. Hermione smiles at the girl, anyone could see already that Ellie and George were growing fond of each other. "Well, speaking of said twins, everyone is waiting downstairs to go back to the Great Hall to get our time tables.", Hermione says while getting up from her bed and grabbing Ellie's hand, pulling her out of the dorm and down the stairs to the common room.

While the girls were upstairs, an interrogation of sorts was happening in the common room. "So, George, have you studied the new girls face enough yet?", Fred said teasing his twin. Harry and Ron chuckled as George glared at Fred, "I was not studying her face."

"Oh yeah, then why were you staring at her for so long mate? You've never acted like this before towards a girl, especially with Alicia anyways", Ron said.

George groaned at the mention of his old crush, "Alicia was just a small crush that you lot exaggerated. Ellie just seems...different. I don't know how to explain it. Like when we were sitting down in the Great Hall, her hand touched mine and I felt this shock go through me and I think she felt it to", he said causing the other boys to laugh. "Oh you've got it bad already George", Fred said before they noticed Ellie and Hermione coming down from the dorm.

"Got what bad?", Hermione asked.

"Well, we were just talking about how George here can't seem to keep his eyes off-", Fred said before George cut him off with a fake cough, "I just have a really bad cough, yeah", he said.

Ellie eyed the two boys suspiciously as that was probably the worst lie she had ever heard of but she didn't want to push. She walked up to the group with Hermione as they all began to walk back to the Great Hall. "So what classes are you most excited for?", George asked Ellie.