27

The second task had started as Ellie watched the four champions dive into the Black Lake to retrieve what had been "taken" from them. She felt extremely worried for Harry, as she almost always is, since she couldn't see him in the water and wouldn't be able to keep an eye on him throughout this task. George and Fred stood beside her as they cheered along with the crowd who was chanting the champions names, mainly Krum's and Cedric's. 

"Does he even know how to swim?", Ellie asked the twins as she stared with wide eyes into the Black Lake. 

"You're like a worried mother, El. He'll be fine.", George said with Fred nodding his head in agreement. Ellie shook her head as her leg bounced up and down nervously. She went to ask where Ron and Hermione were next before Harry leaped into the air from the water, doing a backflip, before diving back into the water. 

"Did he have gils?" 

It seemed like the longest hour ever as Ellie watched for any sign of movement from in the water before Cedric is the first to come up with Cho Chang holding onto him. The crowd errupted in cheer as the two swam to the dock where the judges and others were standing with towels. Next was Viktor who surfaced from the water with Hermione next to him causing Ellie's eyes to widen. This must mean that Ron is down there with Harry as well. 

"God this task is brutal.", Ellie mumbled to herself as she watched Hermione and Viktor wrap themselves up in towels to get dry and warm. Ellie looked up at the clock as it struck twleve signalling the end of the hour and the task. She immideatley grew even more worried as Harry hadn't emerged from the water yet with Ron. 

A small rumbling from the water emerged as Harry and Ron along with a smaller blonde girl, presumably Fleur's sister, came up from the water. Ellie sighed in relief and clapped her hands for Harry before she quickly made her way to the dock where they would be. Once she got to the dock, Ellie immediately wrapped her arms around Harry despite him being drenched, "I swear you're going to be the death of me Harry.", she said as he laughed but ended up choking some more. She patted his back and grabbed another towel from Hermione and wrapped it around him. 

"Are you alright? You must be freezing!", Hermione exclaimed as she rubbed her hands on Harry's arms to try and get him some warmth. "Personally, I think you behaved admirably." 

"I finished last, Hermione."

"You still finished the task AND you saved two people, Harry. That has to give you extra points or something.", Ellie said with Ron shaking his head agreeing with her. 

"Next to last. Fleur never got past "ze grindylows"", Hermione said in a mocking French accent making Harry and Ellie chuckle. The crowd around them was chanting both Krum and Cedric's name once more as Dumbledore made his way to the front of the dock to announce the placements for this task. 

"Attention! The winner is Mr. Diggory who showed innate command of the Bubble-Head charm. However, seeing as Mr. Potter would have finished first, had it not been for his determination to rescue not only Mr. Weasley, but the others as well, we've agreed to award him with second place for outstanding moral fiber!"