18

The Hogwarts Express had finally began to move along as George helped Ellie put her trunk in the cubby above their compartment. Fred had gone to get some snacks from the trolly for the three of them as George and Ellie took a seat next to each other. Ellie had her back to the wall of the train as her legs were laid out over George's. He smiled at her and rubbed her legs gently as the train ride picked up. The door to their compartent was open since they were waiting for Fred to get back. A head of platinum blonde hair peaked into the door as Draco Malfoy revealed himself with his normal scowl on his face. He scoffed at the position George and Ellie were in, "Oh, how cute...you two freaks just can't seem to get enough of each other", he said with a scoff. "What did you call her?", George said as he went to get up before hands plopped down on Draco's shoulders causing him to jump. 

"Don't you belong somewhere else Malfoy?", Fred asked from behind Draco as he pushed him out of the way and entered the compartment while shutting the door. He looked at George before turning to Ellie with a worried look on his what, "Well, Ellie, I hope you're ready to be the talk of the school", he said before he threw a newspaper down on the table in the middle of their compartment. Ellie lifted her legs off of George as she grabbed the newspaper and looked at the front cover. A motion picture on the newspaper showed Ellie as she was fighting the Death Eaters with her magic at the World Cup. "Hero or Freakshow? Disaster at the World Cup reveals a new world of magic we had no idea of", Ellie read the headline before scoffing and placing the newspaper back down. "I should have expected this to happen. God I'm so stupid", she said as she leaned her head back and groaned. 

George looked at Fred who shrugged his shoulder before turning to Ellie, "You saved so many lives Ellie. You know, maybe it's not all bad that your powers are out there in the open now. You don't have to hide anymore", Fred said as she looked over at him. She looked thoughtful before letting out another groan, "But now everyone's going to think I'm some freak! Or be scared of me! I don't want that", she huffed. George placed his hand on her leg and looked into her eyes, "Forget what people think. Who cares?! You have us and Harry, Ron and Hermione who like you just the way you are."

Fred nodded his head, "Yeah! And if anybody tries anything with you, we'll send a dungbomb their way or two", he said with a smirk as George agreed. Ellie smiled at them with a laugh, "Thanks you guys", she said as she grabbed a chocolate frog from the table that Fred had gotten from the trolly. She looked out the window as the trees passed by in a blur. The truth about her was out there and she was dreading going back to school now. She made a mental note to send a letter to her dad about what happened at the World Cup and to check in with him. 

A few hours later they had finally made it back to Hogwarts and started to unload and get off the train. Ellie and the twins made it to the Gryffindor common room to put their trunks away and head to the Great Hall for the feast. When Ellie entered the girls dormitory she saw that Hermione was already inside along with a few other girls. She could feel the girls staring at her and whispering as Hermione helped her with her trunk and putting her belongings away. "I can't believe that Rita Skeeter writing those horrid things about you! If anything you're a hero and only that", Hermione said as Ellie hung up her last couple of items of clothing. She put her house robe on as they walked out of the dorm and headed to the Great Hall. "I appreciate you 'mione but I can't help what people are going to think about me now that it's out there", she said as Hermione looked over at her before locking her arm with Ellie's, "Well, I know for a fact how bright you are and anyone can see that. The fact that you have these really cool powers is just a plus and anyone who thinks otherwise is a dimwit", she said making Ellie smile.