26

The rest of that night was spent with Ellie comforting Hermione as the ginger haired girl ranted on and on about how "stupid and clueless" Ron could be. Ellie felt terribly and hated seeing her best friend in the state that she was in so she tried her best to take Hermione's mind off of Ron as the two girls talked about the upcoming Triwizard task as well as other things before eventually the both of them fell asleep curled up in Hermione's bed. The next morning Ellie was the first one to wake up of the two girls as everyone else seemed to have already awoken and left the dorm. She quietly walked over to the window and took a peek outside to see the ground covered in white snow. She smiled at the thought of finally witnessing a "White Christmas" before she heard Hermione shuffling around in bed. 

"Merry Christmas 'Mione!", Ellie exclaimed with a big smile as she jumped on the bed and wrapped her arms around the girl. Hermione giggled at the girl's excitment and joy and quickly wrapped her arms around Ellie to return the hug, "Merry Christmas El.", she said in a small, yet tired and groggy voice. Ellie lifted her body up to sit on her knees as she studied Hermione. She could feel that Hermione was still upset about last night with Ron and racked her brain to think of anything that could get Hermione in the right spirits. 

Hermione watched as her best friend gasped suddenly before dashing to her own bed and digging through the bed side table drawer. "What are you looking for?", she asked Ellie but didn't get any response. Rolling her eyes she plopped her head back down on the pillow from holding herself up on her arms. 

"AHA!", Ellie exclaimed as she found what she was looking for and quickly hid it behind her back as she turned to Hermione who was looking at her suspiciously. Ellie slowly walked up to the bed and sat down on it with a smile on her face before thrusting her hands forward to Hermione, "Open it." Hermione looked down and saw a small rectangular box before gently taking it in her own hands and looking back up at Ellie, "El, I thought we agreed on no gifts this year. I didn't get you anythi-"

"Just open it 'mione. Please."

Hermione sighed before moving her hand to pull the top part of the box off. She gasped slightly and sat up as she took the gift out of the box, "El, it's beautiful!" A simple charm bracelet laid in the palm of her hand with an "H" charm as well as a small, red stone charm. Hermione looked closer at the stone charm and saw that it had a small, yet prominent, glow to it. Ellie raised her right hand to show the same charm bracelet but with an "E" charm hanging from it. "I found them in Hogsmeade a while back. I put a little bit of my magic in the red gemstone. So, if you're ever feeling lonely or need a friend and I'm not there, you'll still have a little piece of me wherever you go.", she said with a gentle smile as Hermione listened with tears glistening in her eyes. Hermione put the charm bracelet on before wrapping her arms around Ellie's shoulders tightly, "You are the best friend anyone could ask for El. Thank you so much.", she said with a sniffle as Ellie giggled and hugged her back.