19

The next morning Ellie struggled to get out of bed and get ready for classes as Hermione woke her up and rushed around the dormitory to gather all of her books and class materials. Ellie reluctantly got out of bed and grabbed her clothes before taking a quick shower and getting dressed. She knew that her first class of the day was Defense Against the Dark Arts with Professor Moody and she wasn't looking forward to sit through the whole class and look at the ghastly man. She missed her Uncle and wished he could still be there to teach but she knew it was for the best. Ellie followed Harry, Ron and Hermione as they all walked into the classroom and took their seats. Ellie sat next to Hermione as the new professor stood at the front of the class in front of a chalk board and began to speak. 

"Alastor Moody. Ex-Auror, ministry malcontent and your new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher.", he said as he scribbled his name on the board. "I'm here because Dumbledore asked me. End of story, goodbye, the end. Any questions?", he asked as he looked around the classroom. The class stayed silent with a slight air of fear as he looked over every student stopping at Harry who she saw fidget in his seat uncomfortably before he began his lesson. The lesson began with Moody explaining the three Unforgiveable Curses to the class which ended in Neville Longbotton nearly fainting as the class watched Moody as he cast the Cruciatus Curse on a spider. Ellie watched in horror as the spider made a small noise of pain before she looked up at Moody and saw that he had already been staring at her. It was almost as if he could see straight through her with how intensely he was staring before the lesson continued on. By the time class was dismissed everyone hurried to leave and practically raised each other out of the door to get away from the horrid experience they had just witnessed. Ellie was one of the last to gather her books as she quickly made her way to the door before she was stopped as a gruff voice called out her name. "Ellie Gwydion. If I could speak to you for a moment?", Moody called out as Ellie's eyes widened as she stared at Hermione who had been waiting for her by the door before slowly turning around to face the man. 

"I hear that you possess a very unique gift passed down from your mother. If fact I met her a couple times back in my day", Moody said as he watched her eyes lift up in shock, "You knew my mom?" 

Moody moved closer to her as she took a small step backward, "Yes. Very lovely woman..quite powerful as well. I expect you have been dabbling in these powers and learning from them?", he said as she grew uneasy. She didn't like Moody at all and got the sense that something was off about the man but kept it to herself as she nodded her head. Moody stared at the girl before waving her off, "Very well, off you go then.", he said and she immediately turned around and rushed out the door and away from the class with Hermione as Moody watched her closely with a slight smirk on his face. 

"Such a weird man", Ellie said and Hermione nodded in agreement as they made their way to their next class. As the day went on Ellie couldn't help it that she couldn't pay attention in classes as her mind was elsewhere. Professor Moody was certainly a weird one but she couldn't shake the feeling that there was something more about this man. Something downright bad and it made a shiver go down her spine. Classes finally came to an end for the day as Ellie made her way to the dormitory to put her books away and change out of her wet clothes since it had been raining earlier on. As she walked back down to the common room she heard the whispers of Fred and George sat at the table in the corner of the common room as they both hunched over what looked like to be a cauldron. She quietly tip toed over to them as both their backs were facing her. She leaned over slowly in between the two of them as she whispered, "What are you doing?"