08

The next day, Ellie was outside with Fred and George as they all built a snowman together. She stood next to George as she patted more snow onto the snowman and curved it out with her hands. She had been really good lately as she hadn't had any more weird visions and her magic hadn't flared it. She was also beaming from all the time she had been spending with George and her feelings for him were growing very rapidly. 

She looked over to see footprints walking in the snow but saw no one walking towards them. She nudged George with her arm and nodded towards the footsteps. He saw them and tapped Fred before they slowly walked over to the footprints and grabbed onto what seemed to be Harry as Ellie heard his voice, "Guys, let me go!"

She hurried over to where they were taking him and saw just as he became visible again. "I'm trying to get to Hogsmeade guys", he said. "We know. We'll show you a quicker way, if you pipe down." She laughed as the twins finished each others sentences. She had noticed that they tend to do that quite a lot. She stood next to George and smiled lightly at Harry. She knew he couldn't get his Hogsmeade permission slip signed because of his situation with his Aunt and Uncle and she felt terribly for him. "What's this rubbish?", Harry asked as Fred handed him a rolled piece of parchment paper. Fred chuckles, "What's this rubbish, he says. That there is the secret to our success."

"It's a wrench giving it to you, believe me. But, we've decided, your needs are greater than ours. George, if you will", Fred said before George took his wand out, pointed it at the parchment, and said "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." Ellie folded her arms together to try and keep warm as she watched words begin to form on the paper.

"Messieurs Mooney, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs are proud to present The Maurader's Map", Harry said and at the mention of Mooney, Ellie's eyes went wide. She had heard of this map before from Remus and thought that it was long gone. Of course the twins of all people would have found it, she thought to herself. "We owe them so much", George said and Ellie looked up at him with a small smile. If only he knew that his very own Defense Against Dark Arts teacher was one of these Mauraders. Harry opens the map to see a detailed image of Hogwarts with little footprints moving around scattered on the paper. 

"Hang on, this is Hogwarts. And that..no, is that really-"

"Dumbledore." "Pacing." "In his study." "Does that a lot", the twins say after one another. 

"So you mean this map shows-" "Everyone." "Everyone?" 

"Everyone. Where they are. What they're doing. Every minute. Of every day."

Ellie looks down at the map before turning towards the twins with her eyes narrowed, "You haven't watched me pace around in my dorm, have you?" 

"Of course we have-" "Not. We haven't watched you, no", George quickly said before Fred could finish. Ellie hummed suspiciously at the two before turning back to Harry. "Brilliant! Where'd you get it?"