22

Over the course of the next couple of weeks Ellie had decided to listen to her father and vigorously read through her mother's journal. She knew she needed to find a place in the castle grounds to practice her magic and the twins gladly told her about the Room of Requirement. This secret room would only reveal itself to the ones who so desperately needed it and Ellie was hopeful that it would see her needs and reveal itself to her. To her luck she quickly found the room and every day after classes she would dash to the secret room and practice her magic. She could feel herself growing stronger but the one thing she had still yet to attempt was astral projection. She had no clue what she would see when she were to attempt to separate herself from her consciousness but she felt that it had to be done. 

She figured that if she could master this technique then it could be useful to her to continue studying her magic but also be able to hang out with her friends and not miss out on anything. Ellie stood in the middle of the Room of Requirement that had a somewhat darker vibe to it but it was something she had gotten used to. She placed her mother's journal a few feet on the floor in front of her before stepping back and closing her eyes. She slowly raised her hands and began to perform the motions she read about in the journal. She could sense the magic flowing around her body as she controlled her breathing and concentrated on what needed to be done next. She placed her hand on her chest just above her heart and what she felt next was almost indescribable. It was as if a piece of her had left her body as she felt almost weightless. Ellie took a deep breath before slowly opening her eyes and marveling in the sight that was in front of her. 

She watched as what appeared to be a slightly older version of herself floated in the air with red magic surrounding her everywhere as her arms were raised and her hands twisted in the air. Her eyes were red and her hair was slightly crimped and shorter than what it was like now. She wore a deep red leather garment with fingerless gloves and a headpiece sat on her head as she looked through the pages of her mothers, now levitating, journal infront of her. The journal was now torn up and had frayed pieces hanging off of it almost as if it had been through a deadly fire. Ellie slowly walked around as her consciousness continued to float in the air and watched in awe. Was this what she were to become? Is this the final form of the Scarlet Witch? Her destiny? Her future? She could feel the power radiating off of her consciousness as the red streaks of magic flew around in the air. Ellie then remembered what her father had said to her weeks before, about she being the one that can overpower Voldemort. This is what her father meant by that. Ellie was destined to become one of the most powerful witches in the world and she now felt ready to take on anything that came her way. She vowed to herself that she would keep improving in her magic to protect all of her friends and family from the dangers that lingered and the potential threat of Voldemort. 

Later on in the day Ellie was walking alongside Hermione and Ginny with Ron scowling behind them as they walked towards the Black Lake where they saw Harry who sat up against a tree with Neville who was knee deep into the water and appeared to be looking for something. Harry heard their footsteps as he got up and faced them as Ron whispered something to Hermione. She sighed angrily as she stepped towards Harry, "Ronald would like me to tell you that Seamus told him that Dean was told by Parvarti that Hagrid is looking for you."