05

The next morning came and Ellie woke up early as she was excited for two things today

The next morning came and Ellie woke up early as she was excited for two things today. One, she had her first Defense Against the Dark Arts class with her Uncle and two, she was going to watch her first Quidditch match. Mainly she was excited to see George play but she wouldn't admit that to anyone. She quickly got dressed and put her robes on before grabbing her wand and books and heading down the stairs into the common room.

Hermione had left earlier to get some extra study time in so she only saw Ron and Harry waiting for her. She smiled at them both and greeted them, "Good morning!"

"Excited for Lupins class today Ellie? Or maybe you're excited to drool over my brother in Quidditch?", Ron teased her making her gasp and hit him on the arm, "I do not drool over him!", she said as the two boys laughed at her as they made their way to the Defense Against Dark Arts classroom. Once they got there she quickly searched for the two red head twins and found them seated at a table with an empty chair in the middle. She walked over to them and placed her books down, gaining both their attention. "Well hello there Ellie bellie, quite excited for class today aren't we?", Fred asked her with a teasing smirk. She playfully scowled at him and shoved him slightly, "Don't call me that, ever."

Fred laughed at her before turning towards his friend and chatting. Ellie looked to her other side and saw that George was already looking at her. He gave her a charming smile and she gave one back, "I'm pretty excited to watch this Quidditch match today", she said. George nodded his head, "That's good to hear because I'm going to need all the luck out there. Maybe you'll be my good luck charm El", he said with a smirk as he saw her blush. Before she could say anything back, Lupin had begun to speak about his lesson.

"Intriguing isn't it?", Lupin said as all the students looked at what seemed to be an old cabinet that had something inside of it trying to get out.

"Would anyone like to venture a guess as to what is inside?"

"That's a boggart, that is", Dean Thomas said as Ellie and the twins made their way to the group of students from their seats. "Very good, Mr. Thomas", Lupin said as another thud was heard from inside the cabinet. "Now, can anybody tell me what a boggart looks like?"

"No one knows", Hermione said, suprising Ron, "When did she get here?", he whispered as Hermione continued on, "Boggarts are shape shifters. They take the shape of whatever a particular person fears the most. That's what makes them so-"

"So terrifying. Yes. Yes."

More thudding is heard from the cabinet, "Luckily, a very simple charm exists to repel a boggart. Let's practice it now, uh, without wands please. Now, repeat after me. Riddikulus!"

The class repeats the charm, "Very good. Well so much for the easy part. You see, the incantation alone is not enough. What really finishes a boggart is laughter. You need to force it to assume a shape you find truly amusing." Lupin continues his explaination before having the students get in a line to face the boggart. Neville is first and his boggart is Professor Snape who he then turns into Snape wearing his grandmothers clothes, making the class laugh.