Chapter 8: Catching Block.

After your talk with Joe you decided to go back to STAR Labs and just explore the place a bit more.

There was nothing out of the ordinary until you found Nora's journal lying open in the lounge.
You: The hell? Wait a minute... Those symbols, no, it can't be. That's the secret language my dad taught me... Luckily it looks like she's just writing like it's a diary but still, I've got to talk to Nora about this later.

You then closed the journal and put it under a pillow on the couch. You continued to just wait there until a couple minutes later you got a alert on your phone.

(On phone)
Iris: Y/N quick, Barry and Nora are off to fight Block.
You: Alright I'll help them but how did you get my number?
Iris: Nora gave it to me but she doesn't have a phone yet in this time.
You: Okay, well I better get going then.

You then speed off to where Barry and Nora are fighting Block.

You: "Sorry I'm late, what's the situation?"
Vanessa: "Oh not you too..."
Nora: "You're just in time, we figured out how to stop Block, we just need to tire her out."
You: "Alright."
Vanessa: "Okay enough chit-chatting."

Vanessa then threw some of her blocks to Barry, luckily Barry stopped them by making vacuums.

You: "Quick, the handcuffs."
Barry: "On it."

Before he could hand them to you he got blocked.

You: "Godver." (Basically Dutch for damn it, and yes I'm making you canonically Dutch.)
Nora: "Uh-oh."
Iris (on comms): "Uh-oh?"
Nora: "Flash is trapped!"
You: "Okay so you said to tire her out right? Then we just need to keep dodging her attacks!"
Nora: "Right."
You: "Oi blockhead, over here!"

Vanessa then went to throw blocks at you but you and Nora kept dodging them.

Iris (on comms): "It's working! She's getting tired. Quick, handcuff her."

Nora then quickly gets the handcuffs and cuffs Vanessa, as soon as she's cuffed Barry gets released.

Nora: "Bit off more than you could chew, huh?"
Cisco and Ralph then arrive through a breach.
Cisco: "Well, my work here is done."
Ralph: "Looks like she's a regular chip off the ol' block."
You: *sigh* "Almost forgot it was CW with the cheesy jokes."
Barry: "What?"
You: "Nothing, just talking to myself."

Vanessa then suddenly gets stabbed by some kind of orange glowing dagger.

Barry: "Hey, hey, hey, hey. Get her to a hospital. XS! Now!"

A ominous looking man then steps out of the shadows.

You: "Hey, Batman! The hell was that for?"
Iris (on comms: "Barry? What is it? Who's there?"
Barry: "I don't know yet."
The Batman imitator then threw the dagger again but at the ground this time, it seemed to be draining you not your powers.
Barry: "I just lost my speed."
You: "Same here."
Cisco: "I got nothing."
Ralph: "Negative, Ghost Rider."
Cisco: "Guys, I know we're three against one, but something tells me this guy's got the advantage."

Team Flash the gets their ass absolutely handed to them by the mystery man. Cisco tries to get the dagger out of the ground. You then go in for the attack, you throw a punch to the jaw which you somehow land, he responds to your attack but summoning his dagger, cutting Cisco in the process. He then kicks you back.

You: "Shit, Friday, activate Fighter Mode."

Your cowl then transforms into a helmet covering your entire face, and your suit transforms into armor type material. The lightning bolt on your chest then transforms into a dagger, roughly the same as the mystery man his dagger.

You: "Well Batperson, let's go for round 2."

You then duel him for a couple seconds until he managed to stab you in the one of the exposed parts between the armor in your side.

You: "Argh! Damn it!"

As you laid on the ground clutching your
side he went to finish Barry off.

You: "No! Don't!"

Nora then arrives and sees you and Barry on the ground.

Nora: "Y/N! Dad!"

When Nora said dad the mystery man hesitated and retreated. You put your dagger back on the emblem and your suit turned back to normal.

Nora: "Y/N! Are you okay?"
You: "Just peachy."
Iris (on comms): "Barry! Are you okay?"
Barry: "Yeah, I'm fine, all of you okay too?"
You: "Nothing like getting stabbed in the side to finish your day."
Ralph: "I'm great compared to Y/N and Cisco."
Nora: "Holy shit! Y/N, you're bleeding!"
You: "Ah, so it seems, nothing speed healing or Caitlin can't fix. Friday, terminate the schrapnel in my wound please."
Friday: "Gotta patch you up again huh?"
You: "Oh shut it."

You all then get back to STAR Labs.

Caitlin: "Well, thanks to this Friday person the schrapnel is gone meaning your speed healing can do it's job normally."
You: "She's not a person, she's an AI in my suit, like Gideon, who knew they could have personalities eh? Well then, that's enough talk about me. Found anything on the guy yet?"
Barry: "No, though it seems like his dagger dampened our powers."
You: "Yeah, no shit."
Nora: "Y/N, please, cut it with the swearing."
You: "Okay, mom."

Nora then turns a bit red and looks at you a little mad.

Cisco: "Anyways, he could control the dagger too, like Mjolnir."
You: "Yeah."

You then walk away towards the cortex.

You: "Friday, look through my body cam footage and see if you can find anything about our mystery man."
Friday: "Don't forget the magic word."
You: *sigh* "Please."
Friday: "I also took the liberty of making my own hologram."
You: "What?"
Friday: "Here, look at this."

Then in front of you forms a blue hologram, looking like this:

For some reason the image doesn't work, so here's the link.
https://www.halopedia.org/The_Weapon

(Imagine it with the word Friday on her chest. Don't ask me about Halo, I haven't played em but I'm planning to sometime. I just really liked this character design)

Nora: "Who the heck is that?"
Friday: "I am Friday, Y/N's personal AI."
Nora: "Schway, I see you copied my hairstyle."
Friday: "Well, Y/N said you were pretty and I still needed a hairstyle. So yeah."
Nora: "Did he now?"

You turned red and just stared at Friday in complete shock.

Friday: "What? Is it because I didn't ask for permission?"
You: "No of course not, I'm just surprised at how you did this."
Friday: "Come on, your dad made me for your lack of friends, so I'd thought this would be a good idea. Plus I'm an AI from the future, of course I know how to make a simple life-sized hologram."
You: "Right..."

The rest of Team Flash then enters and look at Friday for a second.
Barry: "Who are you?"
Friday: "I am Friday, Y/N's personal AI."
Cisco: "Cool."
Iris: "Yes, cool, anyways I've got something you guys might want to see. So I talked to Captain Singh and he said that Gridlock was killed during his transport to Iron Heights."
You: "Wait, Gridlock died?"
Nora: "How?"
Iris: "I'm not sure. I interviewed everyone that was there and no one knows. But I did some digging, and I found this."

Iris then showed you all a video.

Cannon fodder #791: "What the hell is that? Stay where you are! Freeze! Don't move!"

Ralph: "Okay, so what are we looking for here?"
Iris: "Not looking. Listening."
Ralph: "It sounds like the guy who just attacked us."
Caitlin: "Sounds like an insect."
Cisco: "Yeah, it does. Like a-"
Nora: "Like a cicada."
You and Friday: "Crap."
Barry: "Who's Cicada?"