Chapter 14: News Flash.

✧༺⚡༻✧

You were in the van parked outside of Jitters, you had finished cleaning the suits and Barry is filling you in on the situation.

"Okay, so you and Nora are going to meet Spencer and check if she's a meta." Barry explains.

"Can't any of us just run past her at superspeed with the watch?" You ask.

"No, it takes a few seconds for it to finish scanning."

"Oh okay then."

"Hey Y/N, between you and me, if Nora forgets just take her hand and use the watch. Without Spencer noticing of course." He whispers to you while Nora and Iris are talking.

You simply reply with a thumbs up.

"Come on, she just made her order she's going to get away." Nora says.

"Alright, alright." You respond.

You and Nora walk out of the van and stop in front of the glass entrance.

"I have eyes on the target." You say into the comms.

"Okay, go in." Barry replies.

You and Nora walk into Jitters and while walking to Spencer Nora grabs your hand, you presume because of your cover.

"Thank you. You should totally name two of your drinks after the new speedster couple, XS and Paradox." She says to the barista before going to walk away.

"Yeah they should, they did great with extinguishing the fire and saving those people." You say causing Spencer to stop and turn towards you and Nora.

You and Nora also stop walking and you stand on the right of Nora.

"Yeah, kind of weird that the Flash just ran away though." Spencer replies.

"He probably trusted XS and Paradox enough to let them take care of it." Nora says.

"If I were him I would've stayed to see if they could take care of it, but hey, no one knows what's going on in his head. And XS and Paradox looked really cute together afterwards."

"Yeah, I've seen lots of people call them a couple but I've not seen any evidence of it yet." You say.

"I don't know if you have the app but I write stuff on Spyn Zone. On there I've said that I'm actually an expert on lip-reading, and after the fire I saw XS calling Paradox 'honey'."

'Shit, Barry and Iris are listening in on this too!'

"Nora use the watch." Iris says into the comms.

Nora forgets to use the watch.

"You could have seen it wrong you know." Nora says to Spencer.

Knowing that Nora will not use the watch you grab her hand with your left hand and leave it near your back for her to put it on, not knowing what you meant she puts her hand into the back pocket of your pants.

You make a small 'Eep!' sound.

You wrap your arm around her shoulders to not look suspicious. You use your free hand and pretend to fix your coat, but you actually use the watch on Nora's wrist. After a few seconds it still doesn't beep so you decide it's time to go back, Nora also understands that.

"Well I'll make sure to read some of your stuff on Spyn Zone, in the meantime me and my wife should be leaving. It's getting a little late."

"You're not getting a coffee? I mean you just walked in here." Spencer asks.