Chapter 9: Meeting the detective.

Nora: "As a kid there was a part of the Flash Museum that always scared me. I guess it's normal for children to be afraid of monsters. But this monster was different. No one knows where he came from, how he got his powers, who he is. All that's known is his alias, and the last sound his victim's hear. But that's not what makes him scary. What makes him scary is you never catch him."
Barry: "We never catch him?"
You: "Pretty much everyone has tried. Supes, the Legends, even The League tried."
Ralph: "Probably 'cause he can dampen everybody's powers with that magic friggin' dagger."
Caitlin: "Not all superpowers are meta-humans though. What about-"
Nora: "Green Arrow? Yeah, he tries too once."
Cisco: "So we're dealing with a meta-human Jack the Ripper. Amazing."
Iris: "What else do you know about him?"
Friday: "Besides what Nora has already said we only know that Cicada's early."
Barry: "What do you mean he's early?"
Friday: "In our history, Cicada's first victim was a meta-human named Floyd Belkin. And he never killed Gridlock or Block. They're completely different victims."
Barry: "Because the timeline changed."
Nora: "Yeah, and now they're both dead because of me."
Barry: "Okay, there's no telling the ripple effect of this change or what kind of future Nora's gonna return to. We gotta catch this guy fast."
Cisco: "You mean catch the guy that future us can't catch? Right, I thought beating The Thinker was hard."

*BEEP BEEP*

Friday: "It's West. CCPD needs help downtown."
Barry: "Okay, I got it."
Ralph: "No, I'll do it."
Barry: "Are you sure?"
Ralph: "Yeah, I got it. You guys stay here and deal with the meta serial killer."

Ralph then leaves.

Iris: "Okay, guys, look, we got this. Let's just canvass some crime scenes, interview some witnesses, and see if there's any common acquaintances between Gridlock and Block."
Nora: "I have a plan."
You: "You have a plan already?"
Nora: "I know how to fix this."

Small time skip to the speed lab.

Barry: "So your plan is to contact Herr Wells?"
Nora: "Yes, that's my plan. I know in the future you guys never bring in a Wells to help you catch Cicada. So if you want a different result this time I'll try something new."
Friday: "Well, I think it's a great idea."
Cisco: " 'Cept it's not."
Barry: "What?"
Cisco: "It's a terrible idea. If you're looking for cooperation, trust me, this is not your guy. He is just an asshat."
You: "Come on, you're probably over-exaggerating."
Cisco: "Go ahead, call him. See if you don't get a steaming pile of side-eye."
You: "Alrighty then."

You then click the button to contact Herr Wells.

Herr Wells: "Yah? The Flash."
Cisco: "Wait for it."
Herr Wells: "I love The Flash."
Cisco: "What?"
Herr Wells: "Oh, you Barry Allen, yah? With the zoom, zoom, and the defy the physics laws and gravity. Always with some style and grace, yah."
Barry: "Thanks, man."
You: "He seems nice, Cisco."
Herr Wells: "Das Kinder Flash. Child of the Flash. Obviously, you have your father's moral fiber, yah. And your mother's smarts, and classic beauty. And Friday, and at last... Y/N Thawne, I see you're wearing a ring, who's the lucky Mädchen?"
You: "I'm not actually married, me and Nora are using this as a disguise."
Herr Wells: "Ah, smart, so you're not seeing anyone currently?"
You shake your head.
Herr Wells: "No crush or anything?"
You: "Well, I'd say that's private. Anyways we need your help catching a meta-human serial killer."
Herr Wells: 'Yeah, I have heard of this Cicada. Of course, the message already from Kinder Flash. Unfortunately, I'm otherwise occupied, unable to assist you at this time."
Nora: "You can't?"
Herr Wells: "Nein. But, I have done one better and called someone who can. This man is a legend, this man is the greatest detective in all the Multiverse. So I've attached his coordinates - if you want to look at them. Yah, do you see it?"
Iris: "Got 'em."
Barry: "Hey, man, thank you for this. This is great."
Herr Wells: "Privilege and an honor to help The Flash, yah, and Kinder Flash, Paradox, and Iris Flash, yah. Bye, Kinder Flash."
Nora: "Bye, Herr Wells."
Herr Wells then disconnects."
You: "Well then, due to Cisco getting shanked we'll have to breach this detective here the old way."
You then get a breach device and open a breach.
Cisco: "If it's another Wells I'm gonna hurl."
You: "Yeah, for me it's weird seeing someone with my father's face."
Then the master detective steps out the breach.
Cisco: "Oh goddamnit."
???: "Well I imagine your Earth would be colder. Harrison Sherloque Wells at your service. I'm here to catch your killer."