Virtues of the Noble Qur'an

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

'Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon our beloved Prophet Muhammad (s.a.s), his blessed descendents and noble companions.'

                                                                 - Aameen.

Virtues of Some Surahs of The Qur'an*

1. Rasulullah (S.A.W) has said in a hadith:

"Be steadfast in the reading of the Qur'an for the Qur'an shall intercede on behalf of the reciter on the day of Qiyamah."

2. In another hadith Rasulullah (S.A.W) has said that Allah SWT has said:

 "Whosoever is prevented from making du'a (supplicating) due to his remaining engaged in the recitation of the Qur'an (or due to his being engaged in its commentary) then I shall grant him more than I give to the one who beseeches and begs of me."

Virtues of Surah Baqarah

Our Rasulullah (S.A.W) has said:

i) "Shaitan flees from that home in which Surah Baqarah is recited." (Muslim)

ii) "Keep reading Surah Baqarah as the reading of it is a means of acquiring blessing. Not to read Surah Baqarah is a means of loss and regret and it is only the useless ones who are not given the ability of reading Surah Baqarah."

Virtues of Ayatul-Kursi

Rasulullah (S.A.W) once stated:

 i) Ayatul-Kursi is the leader of all the verses of the Qur'an.

 ii) "Shaitan does not come close to that wealth (goods) over which Ayatul-Kursi is read and blown or written (and kept with such wealth) or in respect of that child over whom Ayatul-Kursi is read and blown or (writing of it) is hung around the child's neck."

Virtues of The Last Two Verses of Surah Baqarah

Our beloved Nabi (S.A.W) had said:

For three days shaitan does not come close to that house wherein the last two verses of Surah Baqarah have been recited." (i.e. from Aamanar-Rasoolu to the end of the surah).

Virtue of Surah An'aam

In a hadith it is stated when Surah Anaam was revealed then Nabi (S.A.W) spontaneously exclaimed "SubhanAllah" (purity belongs to Allah) and then said: "By Allah, so many angels accompanied the revelation of this surah that even the edges of the sky (horizons) were covered."

Virtues of Surah Kahf

1. Rasulullah (S.A.W) has said:

"Whosoever reads ten verses from the beginning and from the ending of Surah Kahf he shall be saved from the mischief of Dajjal."