Chapter 1

After many years, 16 year old y/n is finally adopted by the Kane family trying to make up for the loss of their daughter Lilly Kane about a year before. After meeting Duncan she starts her very first day as a Junior at Neptune high.

Beep, Beep,
The alarm goes off annoyingly. Y/n gets out of bed. She showers, brushes her teeth, and she gets dressed. She walks down the stairs to see Duncan eating breakfast, Mrs. Kane talking about how he should join some new clubs.

"Good morning y/n, how was your sleep," Mrs. Kane asked.

"It was fine thank you." I walk over and grab a banana. I can't stand being around them. All I could think about was how Duncan felt about me. Let's just say that when we met it didn't go very well.

I walk over to the door.

"Where are you going?" Mrs. Kane asked.

"Oh I'm just riding the bus," I said a little confused.

"Well dear, Duncan has private driver if you want to tag along, that would be ok Duncan right?" She nudges Duncan.
"Yes, it would be fine," he said a little irritated.

"Oh, it's fine I'm used to taking the bus," I said and walked outside," little did they know that a few days before I had met this boy that offered to give me a ride. It was pretty funny I ran in to him walking home from the library. He told me his name was Eli, but everyone called him Weevil. I had jokingly called him Eli and then he offered a ride on the back of his motorcycle.

All I needed to do was walk a block away and then he would pick me up. He told me he already knew where he lived and when I asked why he said it was nothing so I didn't push the subject to hard.

"Ah, you came, I thought you were just gonna ditch me like all you 09ers do," Weevil said.

"Please it was either this or I would have to ride with Duncan to school," I rapped my arms around his waist. He gave me his helmet and we rode away.

First day at school and I must say riding with Weevil was quite the entrance, though no day cared for too long as Logan Echolls had walked by. Now I couldn't deny that he was cute, he seemed like a totally jerk when he walked by and gave Weevil a dirty look. He looked at me with almost astonishment though which scared me even more. It didn't bother me too much though whether some popular 09er liked me or not.

I walk into school and find my locker.

"Oh, sorry man, god I'm always dropping my books," says someone on the locker above.

"Oh it's totally cool, I don't mind," I said trying to not loose my cool on the very first day of school.

"Hey I'm Wallace, it's nice to meet you," the boy stuck out his hand implying he wanted to shake my hand.

"Hi, I'm y/n, it's cool to meet you too," I said happy that I'm finally making more friends. I shake his hand with gratitude.

"Are you new here because I don't know where class 1A is," I say hoping that this newly found friendship will be useful.

"Sorry I'm new here too, if I'm being honest I don't know where any of my classes are either," Wallace said shaking his head.

"That's ok, at least I don't feel to alone going into this headache of a school year," I said putting on a smile.

Just as Wallace is about to speak and grabbed by the arm and shoved into an empty classroom.

"Hey what do you think your doing?" I say

"Now I just want to make something clear ok, just because you live in Lilly's old room with her old stuff and her old brother doesn't mean you can have any of Lilly's friends or any of Lilly's life you hear me."

Logan looks at my vengefully. I try to say something, but I really hate being yelled at.

"I wasn't trying to take her life dude, I don't want her friends or life, it's not like I chose to be here. I'm sorry that you lost her, but I can't help where I have been adopted."

I stare at him I want to say more, but I know I shouldn't. He looks so sad, I think hat maybe I should t have said anything at all. I can't relate to what he's going through, but I hope we can at least be friendly to each other.

"You can help it ok, just leave, no one wants you here," he says and then walks out leaving me a little sympathetic. I know he wouldn't want my sympathy though so I leave the room and carry on with my day. Hopefully, everything will work out someday.