Chapter 9

"I want you to know that I was going to turn him in," Logan said guiltily.

"I never questioned you wouldn't have." I sit staring at the pool house. "I think your Dad killed Lilly."

"Heh, no shit, since your here do you want to come inside." He looks at me and I look back. "Oh wait, you wouldn't want to be in the same house as a murderer."

"I'm sorry Logan." He sits next to me. I sit down too trying to be supportive despite me hesitation.

We sit for a few minutes. I have no idea what he's thinking. I have no idea what I'm thinking. He looks over at me, very hurt. He leans over and kisses me.

It's a soft kiss at first, but then we collide as we have wanted to. He puts his hand around my waist and another on my face holding me. I put my hand dangling from his arm and my hand seeps down his pants.

He pulls away. He looks dead in my eye and then gets up and walks away with his hands in his pockets.

At this point I'm stunned. I mean I totally enjoyed it, but I don't know how I should feel about it.

I walked down the hallway next to Wallace. He had been floating since Jackie had asked him out. Once he sees her he walks over to her leaving me alone.

"Hey, y/n, I was looking through my room and noticed some of my belongings were in the wrong places in my room." Duncan looked suspicious of me.

"Are you accusing me of anything because if so then I didn't do anything to your room. I mean I have common sense, I'm not gonna go through a high school boys room. Oh the porn I would find." I look over at him and smile.

"Ok I was just wondering it was probably one of our maids." He smiles and walks away. Though, I know that he probably knows that I went through his stuff.

"Ms. Kane, your being called into the office." I shift uncomfortably since I hate when people use the last name Kane referring to me. It makes me feel like I'm always in Lilly's shadow.

I walk into Mr. Clemons room to see that the counselor is there. She tells me to go to her office so I obey.

"What do you need," I ask.

"I just wanted to see how you feel since moving into a new home and school. Usually it's pretty traumatizing to young adults." She looks me in the eye.

"Ok, what do you want to know," I mumble.

"Well how are you feeling?"

"I feel fine. I do have a Math test next period that I really don't want to skip though."

"Ok, I'll try to be as quick as possible," she said try to be supportive. Logan walks through the door.

"Oh sorry I didn't realize there was someone else in here." He looks over at me and I try to look away.

"If you guys need to talk I can go. We can talk another time if you want," I said hoping that I wouldn't have to skip this test.

"Oh y/n, I would hate to do that to you, but I'm afraid I have to. I'll see you some other time!" The counselor look sincere.

I walk out having a long hard stare at Logan. He can't take his eyes off me as he leaves the room and I can't take my mind off him.