xiv.

𝗄𝖾𝗍𝗌𝗎 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝖽𝗎𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌©𝗕𝗢𝗬 𝗡𝗘𝗫𝗧 𝗗𝗢𝗥𝗠

𝗄𝖾𝗍𝗌𝗎 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝖽𝗎𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌©
𝗕𝗢𝗬 𝗡𝗘𝗫𝗧 𝗗𝗢𝗥𝗠

✎ ๑━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━๑ ✐

YOU WERE WOKEN UP by the loud sound of a blender in the far distance. a ray of sunlight shone brightly on your face and your body shifted under the covers.

when did you even get there? you could've sworn you fell asleep at your desk after deciding to review your coursework, but having just woken up, that was the least of your worries.

a tired groan sounded as you stretched your body, feeling the dull ache in your muscles intensify. without fully opening your eyes, you slid out of bed and drew the curtains closed, cloaking the room in shadows.

your throat and mouth was dry from low hydration, so you went back to your bedside table to take the bottle of water that was always there, only to find that it was gone.

since you just woke up, your brain wasn't clearly working—not at its full potential, at least. your body felt heavy and you felt heavier than usual, as if some invisible weight was set upon your shoulders and head. you remembered feeling the same way while you were sleeping; feeling as though arms were wrapped around you, as though they were pulling you in.

shit, maybe your apartment was haunted after all.

"fucking hell..." you groaned, fingers rubbing your head and scalp as you stepped out of your room.

the brightness of the living room was nearly blinding, like a completely alternate world from your own room. in one corner, there were paintings stacked up on each other right beside an easel. the large windows looked out onto the campus courtyard, where students walked with coffees or books in their hands... or both.

"mooooorning sunshineee!" someone sung, making your eyes dart over to the kitchen. you smiled softly upon realizing that it was mae.

"yes, its morning and there's definitely sunshine." you snorted, "it's not me though."

"someone's grumpy," mae said, returning your smile. "good thing that on the menu today, we have a pineapple smoothie bowl! the perfect way to start a grumpy
morning," she reached over the counter and handed you a white ceramic bowl.

you raised your eyebrows at the bowl. it was actually pretty this time. mae puckered her lips as if she tasted something sour because she knew what you were thinking. "looks good doesn't it?" she smirked.

nodding, you looked back up at her, failing to hide your surprise. not that you were trying. "i thought you'd have given up after yesterday's disaster."