xviii.

𝗄𝖾𝗍𝗌𝗎 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝖽𝗎𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌©𝗕𝗢𝗬 𝗡𝗘𝗫𝗧 𝗗𝗢𝗥𝗠

𝗄𝖾𝗍𝗌𝗎 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝖽𝗎𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌©
𝗕𝗢𝗬 𝗡𝗘𝗫𝗧 𝗗𝗢𝗥𝗠

✎ ๑━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━๑ ✐

THE WAVES CRASHED down below, crystal blue waters rippling over jagged rocks and foaming at the edges. the wind blew softly, gusts of it sneaking up your shirt and flowing through your hair, whispering dirty little secrets that were indecipherable to human ears.

it had been a little over 30 minutes since tsukishima had pulled aside and parked on the beach. 30 minutes since he climbed through the sunroof and reached his hand out, inviting you up with him. 30 minutes since his lithe fingers wrapped around your waist as he helped you climb to the roof of his car, not letting you feel unsafe for even a second.

for a guy with such harsh edges in his personality, he could be so gentle. he handles you like you're made of glass and ceramic and all the fragile things in the world and the absurdity of it all makes you want to melt into a puddle and evaporate into his hand. he must not know the way it makes you feel because he continues to do it with that calm and collected look that he always holds up. that only makes it worse.

but as you're sitting there on the roof of tsukishima's car, your camera pointed at the ocean as he's laid out on his back behind you, you feel more placid than you ever have.

"why do you think he asked us to do this?" you asked after a moment of silence. "our teacher, i mean."

tsukishima shuffled from behind you, his arm moving under his head to serve as a cushion. "not sure," he shrugged. "i didn't think anyone liked seeing college students doing anything other than pulling their hair out at early hours of the morning."

you laughed, letting your body fall. your head came to rest on his stomach, your hair lightly brushing his chin. "i can't bring myself to believe it either."

he watched you bring the camera up and face it towards the both of you, your fingers playing with the lenses as you zoomed in and out uselessly.

"how come you haven't taken any pictures of yourself?"

the question caught you off-guard, causing you to turn your head to look at him. he had propped himself up on his elbows then, his gaze fixed on your curls, which had turned golden brown in the bronze rays of the setting sun.

"let's say i'm camera shy," you smiled, laughing when he rolled his eyes. "what? it's the truth!"

"bullshit," tsukishima scoffed, the gesture void of enmity. he reached over and took the camera from you, ignoring your protests. "i'm taking a picture of you whether you like it or not, so stop trying to cover your face."