xxiv.

𝗄𝖾𝗍𝗌𝗎 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝖽𝗎𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌©𝗕𝗢𝗬 𝗡𝗘𝗫𝗧 𝗗𝗢𝗥𝗠

𝗄𝖾𝗍𝗌𝗎 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝖽𝗎𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌©
𝗕𝗢𝗬 𝗡𝗘𝗫𝗧 𝗗𝗢𝗥𝗠

✎ ๑━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━๑ ✐

WHEN YOU TRIED TO slam the heavy piece of wood in his face, tsukishima made sure to stretch out his foot, that way you had no choice but to listen to what he had to say.

annoyed and unwilling to fight a battle you know you couldn't win, you dropped your hands to your sides and walked away from the door, leaving him to stumble into your apartment.

he stood there for a moment, his back leaning against the door as he watched you take several steps back.

so you want to keep your distance. well, that was clear.

"so, what, do we just go back to being strangers when we're back on campus?" tsukishima asked after a moment of silence. "cause if so, a heads up would've been appreciated."

"i guess so," you shrugged, dipping your head and tilting it back up to look at him. "i'm sure you're busy with other things, anyway."

"bullshit, you're lying," he said it almost immediately. as if he predicted what you would say beforehand. letting out a sigh, the boy's eyes softened when his gaze fell back on you. "tell me what's wrong, yn. tell me and i'll fix it."

"you can't fix this, tsukishima—"

"kei," he corrected, realizing his surname sounds absurd in your voice. suddenly he wants to eradicate it. erase it from existence completely. he never wanted to hear that name again unless it came after yours. "and yes i can," he continued, "if you would just talk to me, i'm sure we could—"

"it's nothing," you said curtly, your tone hard and cold. "i'd really rather not talk about this right now. or ever. i'd rather never see you again, actually; or speak to you again, or hear your name ever again."

tsukishima opened his mouth and closed it again, his expression displaying none other than raw bewilderment. at that moment, he felt as if somebody ripped out his heart—his most vital organ—and thrown it into the vast ocean. he felt as if he was watching it sink, dropping to the floor before he could dive in to save it.

"am i... am i missing something here?" he asked, suddenly feeling a bit dizzy.

you shrugged again, "i don't know, are you? all i know is that i don't wanna do this anymore."

his heart exploded, sending jets of saltwater into the air. suddenly, it was raining.

standing up a little straighter, tsukishima tried to exhale. "is this what i think it is? was everything you said to me while we were up in those mountains really just in the heat of the moment?" he asked, thinking back to your words: 'you're all mine now. all... fucking... mine.'